cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

migration

Fox27

migration

Hi
After 30 or more years with BT, and after a deal of investigating options, I chose to switch to PlusNet after having received assurances that the switch would be straightforward. We were due to switch on 11/12, but received an email shortly before to say the order had been cancelled. After a long wait on the phone contacting PlusNet I was told this was because of a problem caused by open reach who didn't recognise our address. I was assured this was rectified and a new date set for 20/12. This came and went and yesterday, BT cut off our broadband. When I contacted PlusNet, homereach was again blamed and we have been told we can't expect resolution till at least the 27th. And there wasn't a firm promise on that.
We are now faced with Christmas without the internet. Our subscriptions to Now, Netflix and Amazon are pointless, we can't card process and my three university student children can't work without internet access over the holiday so will leave early. PlusNet offered £25 credit for the purchase of a dongle, which I am told would allow one device to connect but would devour credit if used for streaming. I am more disappointed than I can convey in text. Am I alone in my experience or just very unlucky? Any suggestions?
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: migration

@Fox27 - Welcome to the Forum.

To answer your question:-  Alone, No. Unlucky, Yes.

But in all honesty there is nothing you or indeed Plusnet can do if this needs to be resolved by Openreach. What might be worth looking in to is to ask a close neighbour if you can share their WiFi access until you get your BB sorted. But if this isn’t possible then maybe the dongle is worth taking up in the meantime. It will at least give you basic access and as you’ll be able to keep it, it can be used at a future time as a standby device in the event of a failure.

Sorry I can’t be more positive, but from what you have said I can't suggest anything else.

runhare
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Does your postcode have a zero or an O in it? They are very different characters to computers systems . Our does and I have been told countless times my address does not exist because an operative has entered the wrong character 

Fox27

Hi

Thanks for the response, but no, can't blame the post code on that front.

There was an issue with openreach having a different house name for us but that was resolved at the first failed attempt at migration.

Happy Days!

Fox27

Hi

Many thanks for your reply.

Unfortunately, our neighbour is too far away to be able to get a signal and although the lady at Plusnet was insistant we should be able to take advantage of a BT hot spot, because our post code told her there should be available coverage, there quite simply isn't.

I had to buy a dongle, which set me back £50 and was advised not to even attempt streaming with it as it would eat data, so no catch up TV, etc, but at least I get to see the children fighting over it. Christmas!

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Welcome to the community forums @Fox27

I'm sorry to hear things aren't going as planned.

It looks like your order is stuck within our supplier systems and is waiting to be fixed by the relevant team within Openreach. We've been advised to check back tomorrow and I can see there's a ticket on your account with our provisions team.

We'll get back to you when we've got more info. Apologies for the inconvenience caused.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet