Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

message to all plusnet users

FIXED
bigbearuk101
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

message to all plusnet users

firstly I would like to comment on the poor if not useless service I have had from your business. Now this is day 26 that I have had no internet or telephone services
you say you are sending another engineer to test my internal equipment [-Censored-]. I have had 4 engineers here over the last 24 days.
first engineer report the telephone line is faulty we will arrange for a line man to come and fit new cable
second engineer nothing wrong with line just leave it for two days and your speed will build up.
two days later nothing third engineer nothing wrong with system except you have a modem working with the new router supplied by plusnet with no proper instructions to remove modem so try to blame me for that problem, remove modem engineer said speed will increase in two to three days, three days later request a new router to establish if that is the problem put in place, no difference still no speed.
fourth engineer arrives and said there is a fault with the line from our terminal to the box in your house we spend four hours digging and finding the cable, which me working with him we replace and bingo we have perfect telephone and the internet stops dropping well done all, advice from this engineer contact plusnet and get them to upgrade your profile to improve your down speed, contacted plusnet informed them of the progress and improvements and requested an upgrade to profile, this he is unable to do because his equipment failed leave it until tomorrow when the machine should be up and running.saturday
the 24th September call from plusnet we will have to send an engineer to check your system,(what for I just told you that it is all done and O.K). now you advise me that I have to arrange a time for the engineer to come and do the necessary checks, you do not mention a day just times and if he finds that there is a fault on my equipment you will chare me £65.00 I have just informed you in a recent comment that I will not be available from Thursday the 29th September to the 6th of October so that means another 10 days that my internet is not running correctly. you must think that I am thick why don't you just release me from your contract and I will return to BT, which I believe that you are an offshoot of, and maybe they will sort things out
your disgustedly
walter Terry

8 REPLIES 8
bigbearuk101
Dabbler

Re: message to all plusnet users

just done a bt test of download speed and it shows 18mbps to 24mbps mine at this moment 1.95mbps how do plusnet justifies we'll do you proud???

so far I think I have had conversations with 10 advisers about the problems I have and all they can do is we will get an engineer to come and sort it out but if the problem is inside your house then you will have to pay £65.00 when I asked how much they were going to pay me for loss of service it was £8.00 that was for 21 days without a phone or internet I think there is something wrong with my calculations should it not be at least £ 10.00 a day for loss of service?Huh

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Looking at your connection, it has been dropping out a lot recently, which would likely have caused DLM to throttle the speeds in order to try and stabilise the connection.

Unfortunately on Fibre connections, it's not possible for us to reset the line as we can with ADSL once a fault has been resolved. This can only be done by an fibre engineer after they've investigated and confirmed the line is in a position to be reset without the problem just returning.

If all of this was being caused by a phone fault, the phone engineer may not have been fibre trained so wouldn't necessarily have been able to reset the line.
As much as we'd like to be able to resolve this now without the need to send an engineer out, at this stage that may be the quickest option to get the matter checked and resolved. If the line is now fault free, DLM would bring the connection back up to speed, but I'm sorry to say I couldn't put a time scale on this.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
bigbearuk101
Dabbler

thanks for that info, however why could the bloke on the other end of the telephone tell me all that to save me waiting, as it is I will now be away from home for the next 7 to 8  days and will have to start all this again when I get back

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

If you respond to the ticket on your account here, advising of your availability for when your back, you shouldn't need to start this again as we should be able to get the appointment booked in ready and waiting for your return.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
bigbearuk101
Dabbler

all ready done for Friday the 7th October lets hope that this is the end

thank you

walter terry

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Thanks, I've made sure that's booked for you.

Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
bigbearuk101
Dabbler

Fix

just to advise you speed has increased to 21.23mbps.

have added message to my questions to cancel visit of engineer until I return then will make further tests

thank you

walter Terry

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Glad to hear the speeds have bounced back to be within your estimates.

I've made sure the appointment has been cancelled for you. Please let us know if the problems return.

Harry Beesley
 Plusnet