cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

max of 200Kb/s download speed, awful connection since the new year

jackevo

max of 200Kb/s download speed, awful connection since the new year

as the title states, my connection speed is absolutely ridiculous.

All it takes is one person streaming and if you try anything else the connection comes to a hault. I'm actually paying approx. 38 a month for the worst connection I've had since dialup... is there something going on as I'm seeing a lot of complaints on here?

Can someone help with this, I'm going to cancel the direct debit if this carries on, I need my internet connection for work and this is causing massive delays in my day.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
dws1900
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

Re: max of 200Kb/s download speed, awful connection since the new year

@jackevo

Please try this

https://community.plus.net/t5/Fibre-Broadband/Fibre-Speed-Faults/td-p/1270253

then if there is still an issue, get back to the forum with the results.

Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

I see from previous posts that you had problems with your line last year. Was that fully corrected? If so you need to complete a quiet line test by ringing 17070 and selecting option 2 followed by a speedtest from the test socket, which you will find behind the master socket faceplate, via an Ethernet cable. If this shows that there is a fault then either report it or post the results here and wait for it to be picked up here by a Plusnet staffer.

Cancelling your direct debit will only provoke the involvement of debt collectors.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Hi @jackevo, sorry to hear you're experiencing speed issues.

Testing the connection isn't flagging up any speed issues and the data usage over the past few days would suggest that speeds higher than 200Kbps are being achieved.

If you've been through the steps advised by other community members above, and you're experiencing the same connection issues on a wired connection please could you report the issue over at https://faults.plus.net

If you could let us know once you've done this, we'll be able to get the fault report ticket picked up for you.

Thanks.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet