cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

master socket help

tonyt2764
Grafter

master socket help

have been having troubles with speed issues after it comes into the house (have got 77mb coming in to house) but only getting between 10- 20 mb from router wired or wireless running off socket wired into the master supplied and installed by bt due to position of master socket right by the front door unable to plug direct into master so advised by tech support to plug into master using an adsl filter to see if it is the bt supplied socket but there the problems begin having done this it refuses to connect so i am stumped any help or thoughts on what is wrong or if it anything i am doing wrong would be much appreciated regards tony t

6 REPLIES 6
npr
Pro
Fixes: 9

Re: master socket help

You need to remove the front cover and plug in to the test socket behind the front cover.
Note: all extension socket will be disabled while the front cover is removed, any phones connected to extension socket will stop working.

tonyt2764
Grafter

Yep that is the way i tried it left it for 15 min and it would not connect just put 3 green and and red broadband light tried this 3 or 4 times then i gave up used several different filters as well

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): Full quote of preceding post removed as per Forum rules

w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Did BT engineer fit a filtered faceplate at the 'other' socket?  If so it's very possible that the original 'master' has been wired as a voice-only extension back off the one used for the broadband.  Does the broadband socket have a test socket behind?

Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
scottymc
Grafter

Hi mate just a thought
When you get to this point with the B light flashing ,
Go into the router settings you may just have to click the connect button ..
Sometimes my router reboots but doesn't connect automatically till I go in and manually connect..
npr
Pro
Fixes: 9

Once you've remove the front cover, is there a second plate behind that which will pull off -- see attached picture.

If so then you need to carefully pull this off to reveal the true test socket.

mk3openreachbrandedvdslplate

tonyt2764
Grafter

have finally found out why master socket does not work it is not even wired up wired direct to extension socket (took both plates off to see what was behind) so now me thinks a call to plusnet is in order not impressed is an under statement