cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

low upload speed

thehypnootoad
Dabbler

low upload speed

Low upload speeds from what suppose to be getting one of the technical team said was due to something at the cabinet where was on the wrong speed and he said there would be a engineer to do it in 72 hours but still less than 10 meg when quoted between 12.5 and 20 any help thank you

9 REPLIES 9
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: low upload speed

Hi there.

I think there's been a bit of confusion on your account. From what I can see we've asked our suppliers to remotely reset your line as the profile is showing as 40/10 on our tests but I do not believe this is affecting your speeds as your router is in sync at a downstream speed of 59.4mbps and upstream of 11.5mbps and there are no signs that your throughput is restricted.

The speeds you're seeing of 10mbps are about right for the the upstream sync rate we're seeing though I note they do seem lower than your estimates of 16mbps shown Here.

Can you try the steps Here letting us know when you've done so and we'll retest your line?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
thehypnootoad
Dabbler

Thank you for reply ready for line test thank you

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks.

Line tests are showing your sync speeds haven't improved so I think the next step is to pass this onto an engineer for further investigation.

If you can reply to this ticket your availability for a visit letting us know over here once you've done so we'll be happy to get the appointment booked in for you.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
thehypnootoad
Dabbler

Thank you for fast reply I have replied to the ticket. Ash 

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks Ash.

I've booked the appointment in for tomorrow morning.

Let us know how it goes.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
thehypnootoad
Dabbler

Much appreciated thank you

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No problems Ash

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
thehypnootoad
Dabbler

Hi the engineer visited today but unfortunately he could not get the upload above 10 meg without a rewiring to a different cabinet which is nearer the

Is there anything else that could be done

Thanks Ashley
EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi Ashley,

Thank you for getting back in touch and for letting us know the outcome of the engineer appointment. Unfortunately, if the engineer has advised that there's nothing that would improve the upload speed bar rerouting you to a different cabinet then there aren't any further steps that we can take from this side regarding the upload speed.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team