Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

low broadband speed.

Brucie-Magik
Hooked
Fixes: 1

low broadband speed.

Little bit frustrated with this. for the last 3 days my speed has been fluctuating pretty bad. the first night I don't have a measure of speed, but I certainly couldn't game online in a stable fashion. Yesterday my download was in the region of about 15mbps and today, depending on who i test with, it's either 10mbps or 20mbps. 

I usually get anywhere between 55 and 65mbps download speed. I'd like to know what's happening here, as it doesn't add up. 

many thanks

2 REPLIES 2
dvorak
Fixes: 1,317

Re: low broadband speed.

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from ADSL Broadband to Fibre

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Gandalf
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 1,232

Re: low broadband speed.

Thanks for getting in touch @Brucie-Magik I'm sorry to see you're experiencing speed problems. I've tested your line and the tests are showing no issues with the broadband signal going into your router that's getting a stable speed of 77mbps.

I've attached a copy of our testing below if you're interested:

Test Outcome Pass
Test Outcome Code GTC_FTTC_SERVICE_0000
Description GEA service test completed and no fault found .
Main Fault Location OK
Sync Status In Sync
Downstream Speed 77.6 Mbps
Upstream Speed 20.0 Mbps
Appointment Required N
Fault Report Advised N
NTE Power Status PowerOn
Voice Line Test Result Pass
Bridge Tap Not Detected
Radio Frequency Ingress Not Detected
Repetitive Electrical Impulse Noise Not Detected
Cross Talk Not Detected
Estimated Line Length In Metres 483.4
Upstream Rate Assessment Very Good
Downstream Rate Assessment Very Good
Interference Pattern Not Detected
Service Impact No Impact Observed
Home Wiring Problem Not Detected
Downstream Policing Discard Rate 0.0
Customer Traffic Level Upstream and Downstream Traffic Detected
Technology VDSL
Current 15Min Bin Retrains 0
Last 15Min Bin Retrains 0
DP Type External
Profile Name 0.128M-80M Downstream 3dB, Retransmission Low - 0.128M-20M Upstream, Error Protection Off

image15771183642045

Could you confirm if your devices are connecting over WiFi or straight to the router using an ethernet cable?

If you're using WiFi, would you be able to try a wired connection? This will help narrow down where the problem lies. If your connection is OK that way, then it's likely the issue lies with the wireless signal and I'd recommend trying the steps Here to change the wireless channels within your router's settings.

I'd also recommend carrying out the steps in the post Here to split the 2.4GHz and 5GHz wireless frequencies.

If you're still having problems using a wired connection, to investigate further please connect your computer/laptop to the router with an ethernet cable and run the BT Speedtester service at http://speedtest.btwholesale.com

You must ensure that you have no other programs running at the same time such as streaming, general browsing and the most common one is antivirus programs downloading updates in the background.

Once the initial result is completed please click Further Diagnostics then type your phone number in and click run diagnostic test. This will run a test and send the results to the BT server for investigation.

Once you have completed this, please report a fault to us at http://faults.plus.net posting back once you've completed it and we'll make sure the fault ticket is picked up and passed on for investigation as soon as possible.

Let us know how you get on.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Anoush Mortazavi
 Plusnet Help Team