cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

loss os speed...drastically

john_tandy
Grafter

loss os speed...drastically

hello everyone i have a issue that i am wondering if any of you have had i am currently on fibre extra with predicted mb range of 64 to 72mb but over past 2 weeks it has dropped to 42.1mb an interleaved from fastpath but also snr has also risen to 11db for no reason can anyone advise i have gone back to the pn router an i have it conx to master socket thro a new version bt socket any one got any ideas ?

7 REPLIES 7
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Re: loss os speed...drastically

Together with our network partners at Openreach we will try to provide you with the best speeds possible. If you feel this is not the case, please raise your speed fault online at faults.plus.net

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
john_tandy
Grafter

well speed is improving but is still below previous is has now gone up to 52mb d/l but I have ordered some filters to replace the bt master socket  filtering system and to see if this can help Screenshot_20200909-211554_Opera.jpg

Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

@john_tandy 

You should have got a filter with your router.

A couple of thisngs to try:

With a wired phone ring 17070 and select option 2, the quiet line test. If there is any noise then report a phone not broadband fault.

Remove the front section of the Master socket and plug a filter into the rear Test socket. On the old type you may need to remove two screws.  If your Master BT socket is the new type with a clip on front then there are reports that some of these new style master socket front section connections can give problems. Either way try this as it removes any extension cabling from circuit.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

john_tandy
Grafter

I will as soon as they arrive as I I got rid of all when bt replaced master socket 

john_tandy
Grafter

i have replaced the socket with a filter but am still under the speed suppose to be getting now gettng 55 mb with snr of 6.2 which is usually 3 guess a dlm reset will be next thing to try

Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

@john_tandy 

If you leave it for several days the DLM should automatically reduce the SNR and increase your sync rate.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

john_tandy
Grafter

chart.pngsync speed is still low down to 43 mb is there anyway I can order a dlm reset ?