cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

local problem with fibre

daviddoc
Grafter

local problem with fibre

Keep losing internet connection when we get a combination of rain and wind.the pages that appear on screen from BT and Plusnet refer to this as a local disconnection the BT MODEM is not effected it stays green and steady.Plusnet service status appears ok.Anyone got any ideas.Thanks
7 REPLIES 7
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: local problem with fibre

When this happens is there any noise on the phone line? Dial 17070 from a handset plugged in to the master socket and listen for any noise, crackles, hissing, pops etc.
I'm going to send you a ticket as I'm detecting a fault on the phone service, can you reply to it at https://contactus.plus.net
You can see the bursts of disconnections on the image below:

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Chris
Legend

I've raised the phone fault as we really need to look at getting this fixed anyway, the type of fault it's detected isn't requiring an engineer at the moment.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
daviddoc
Grafter

tested the phone line and all is clear as at at the moment the internet is ok.
Chris
Legend

OK, my testing found an issue that should be able to get resolved without an engineer visiting. So let's check back after the 8th and see how it's looking.
daviddoc
Grafter

Thanks for the quick response.
daviddoc
Grafter

Like to thanks for quick action regarding fault.BT phoned this morning to say they would be working on line.Later they called round to explain what they had found.A fault was repaired and a new cable from the post to my property was installed.the engineer said this should cure the problem.the speed up and down has increased will have to wait to see if any problems when we get high winds and rain but he said the line coming to the property was very old we have been here 27 years and it has never been replaced.
Very impressed with service from Plusnet and BT.
Chris
Legend

That's great news, thanks for letting me know. I'm going to pass the fault ticket I created back to you to monitor the line. If you have any problems in the next 14 days just reply to the ticket (or here) otherwise it'll just close itself off.