cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

line stable after asus firmware update

HaydnExport
Grafter

line stable after asus firmware update

hi my line seems to be stable now, and has been unbanded from, 22mb, 24mb, 28mb, 32mb and now 35mb and on fastpath, do you know if ip profiles take longer to update after the banding gets changed?
18 REPLIES 18
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Re: line stable after asus firmware update

It can sometimes take a few hours for it to pick up.
When did you notice the banding went to 35mb?
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
HaydnExport
Grafter

14hrs 2 minutes ago !  ive been watching my connection like a hawk after receiving beta firmware for the dsl ac68u
HaydnExport
Grafter

ping test via cmd now coming back 55 plus , and routers reporting me as fastpath.  Any chance someone can take a look please , username on the account is haydnexportnew.
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

The profiles are matching at 34.8mbps now.
Are you still seeing issues?
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
thunderer
Grafter

Quote from: HaydnExport
14hrs 2 minutes ago !  ive been watching my connection like a hawk after receiving beta firmware for the dsl ac68u

There's a new firmware available: Version 3.0.0.4.378_5007, dated 14/04/2015.
http://www.asus.com/uk/Networking/DSLAC68U/HelpDesk_Download/
tijara33
Pro
Fixes: 6

There's a new firmware available: Version 3.0.0.4.378_5007

As an Asus router user I find it very disappointing to see the rapid frequency of "bug" fixes being issued for the "supposedly" top of the range AC68U. For the time being I think I'll stick with my ancient, but 100% reliable, RT-N56U.
thunderer
Grafter

I'm thinking of getting the Asus DSL AC68U,  but am a bit concerned about some of the reviews about it and the frequency of the updates doesn't help the concern.
I'm currently using the Billion 8800AXL, whilst I was initially impressed with it, I'm now having doubts about it and I'm thinking of being rid of it.
HaydnExport
Grafter

My line hasn't dropped once since the firmware , up time is 10 days since last dlm change , up to 43999 band now.  My question is do i leave it and hope the dlm puts my profile up or will i have to reboot router at some point?
AndyH
Grafter

Quote from: thunderer
I'm thinking of getting the Asus DSL AC68U

The RT (router only) versions are great.
I wouldn't pay the extra for the DSL version though. There have been too many problems with them working on the BT network.
HaydnExport
Grafter

Quote from: HaydnExport
  My question is do i leave it and hope the dlm puts my profile up or will i have to reboot router at some point?

Shocked
Mantaray
Grafter

Modem/router has been up for 18 days and counting since updating to the new firmware, I would say it is stable enough for me. 
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Your current DLM profile is "0.128M-44M Downstream, Error Protection Off - 0.128M-10M Upstream, Error Protection Off"
As long as the line continues to stay stable DLM will probably increase the profile at some point.
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
HaydnExport
Grafter

hi again , current up-time since last dlm intervention is 16 days +  Cheesy .  I'm wondering if that's a bit slow to adjust ?  I did a bit of googling and stumbled across this page  http://www.thinkbroadband.com/news/5929-reminder-about-the-reality-of-dlm-on-openreach-fttc.html ; It says you might have control of what dlm profile i get put on ?  Is this information correct ?  If it is can you check if I'm on the speed one and change me to it if I'm not please?
AndyH
Grafter

Plusnet provision everyone on the speed profile. Most ISPs provision everyone one on this DLM profile.
What are your sync speeds at the moment?