Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

??line fault

penfold
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 5

Re: ??line fault

Just another question. With fibre how do you know if you are losing sync or what the uptime of the connection is. Just asking as speedtests have become very choppy, but actual speeds ok. Once even got to 56mbps although I am on the 40mb product. Tbb test appears to be the most reliable.  Would an all in one router give me sync etc, ot would another router give me sync and uptime s etc. Sorry to ask alot, not used to all of this. Any advice on an all in one product?
penfold
Aspiring Pro

Things seem ok. Profile staying at 40mb and downloads very quick. Just wondered what my line profiles were as im interested in this kind of thing. Is there any way of seeing the dsl up times with the modem/router configuration. Bit new to all this and interested to find out how things work.  Question. .. why do bt not want us to see the line stats?Surely it would be useful from a fault perspective
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

Stats are on the HelpDesk page - see this link
I hope this is of use.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

The Plusnet Router will not show Line Stats for FTTC!
BT Wholesale speed tester (http://speedtest.btwholesale.com/) will give the line profile if you complete 'further diagnostics', this will be about 97% of your sync speed (or sync is about 103% of the indicated IP  profile.  Other stats are only available on unlocked BT modems or all-in-one devices.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
penfold
Aspiring Pro

Yeah thanks. Got no info on line stats. Can never get the additional info from the bt tester. Thanks anyway.
penfold
Aspiring Pro

Been a week now since the install.  All seems fine.  Just concerned by the speedtest results, all appear quite random to be honest...  The graphs look very sawtoothy, and there is a large varience between different testers.  The Plusnet profile has not moved from 40Mb though, and downloads come through at approx 2.0 - 3.5Mbps, which I am presuming is OK.
Managed to get a full BT speedtest to run, which said download was 22Mbps and was RED, upload was 15Mbps.  IP profile was 77.68.  TBB speedtests though were giving me 33-38Mbps
Im just a little confused.
Could someone look at the line profiles etc, and let me know if there is an issue at all. Unsure if I have had any resyncs since the install, as I cant check this.  Router WAN uptime says
Board ID: F@ST2704N
HardWare Version: F@ST2704N V1.0
Serial Number: N7143561M005558
Mac Address: 44:e9:dd:0e:a2:88
Build Timestamp: 141118_1136
Software Version: 7.273.1_F2704N_Plusnet
Bootloader (CFE) Version: 7.273.1
DSL PHY and Driver Version: A2pG039f2.d25b
Wireless Driver Version: 5.100.138.2008.cpe4.12L06B.4
Uptime: 6D 4H 19M 19S
Not sure if there is anymore info available from the router interface
penfold
Aspiring Pro

Odd things happening last night....
The internet seems very choppy at best. I was downloading a program in HD from Sky on demand (ITV Player), and whilst it was not buffering, it took a while before I could start watching it, and downloaded the 2.3Gb in just over 30mins.  This was at 9.30 last night.  I downloaded another episode at 10.30, same program, and from ITV player via Sky on demand, and the program was available in less that 20secs to view, and downloaded the whole 2.3gb in less than 20mins.  I would really appreciate some feedback from the COT, regards the quality of my line, what the current line stats are, and am I just seeing congestion on my Cab.  I am connected to the Blackburn exchange in Lancashire, on Cab55.  Installer mentioned there were 80odd people already connected in this Cab.
I am not on the full Fibre package, just the 40Mb package.
Thanks in advance
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

Quote from: penfold
and downloads come through at approx 2.0 - 3.5Mbps

Where are these tests from? The others looked ok, around what I'd expect on a 40Mbit profile.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
penfold
Aspiring Pro

Hi tony
sorry, thoses speeds were download throughput,  not speedtester speeds. I was really wondering if there were any capacity issue. According to the plusnet router I have not lost ppp since install. Could you confirm and maybe post mu radius logs. Can you see if there have been any losses of sync at all,  and maybe post up my stats and line profile.  Can't get used to not having any info to hand  Undecided
on another note, are plusnet going to supply a vdsl router soonish and if so, would existing customers be able to get one?
thanks in advance