cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

line / connection check please - slow upload

simeskyline

line / connection check please - slow upload

Hi, recently my upload speeds have been less than 1mb.

When i first joined i was getting 53Mbps down and 13Mbps up. Lately the down has been about 35Mbps but the upload rarely gets over 1Mbps.
Which is a bit annoying to say the least.
Could someone just have a look to see what they can do please.
3 REPLIES 3
danludlow
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

Re: line / connection check please - slow upload

I look at the BTW Performance Test results and shake my head.
Not so long ago (weeks, rather than months) results showed Red if there was something wrong, but more recently they show green by dropping the maximum expected speed to suit. That's on the Download.
On the Upload, I used to get red when speed fell below half possible, or thereabouts, I suspect that yours will show green even if you need to zoom to 500% to see it.
There is a problem with dropping speeds yet BTO's solution seems to be pretending otherwise. What does that do for Customer relations.
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

I've run a line test and cross talk is detected. I'm putting it down to this because the 13Mbit that you used to get is better than the current estimates (highest on a clean line 11.8) going down to 5.2Mbit impacted.
Still you are showing as having 4.3MBit, so we may need to investigate further - please raise via faults.plus.net.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
simeskyline

hi, thanks for the help. will report as a fault
cheers