Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

line check please

iangilf
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

line check please

can u make sure theres nothing wrong with my line please as i was getting max attainable rates higher than what im getting and was syncing higher than what im syncing at now also can u make sure my line isnt restricted in anyway and also is g.inp activated on my line

thanks

27 REPLIES 27
runhare
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: line check please

You will need to log into your Plus Net accoun twith your plus net user name and password  and  riase  a question in the member centre here : https://www.plus.net/index_portal.html

Or you can use the Live Chat - when it works.You will still need your user name and password

Customer Support have no way of telling who you are from the Community members forum!

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Full quote of preceding post removed as per Forum rules.

iangilf
Rising Star

whats the point of this forum then ?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi there. Our tests aren't showing any issues.

Test Outcome Pass
Test Outcome Code GTC_FTTC_SERVICE_0000
Description GEA service test completed and no fault found .
Main Fault Location OK
Sync Status In Sync
Downstream Speed 74.1 Mbps
Upstream Speed 20.0 Mbps
Appointment Required N
Fault Report Advised N
NTE Power Status PowerOn
Voice Line Test Result Pass
Bridge Tap Not Detected
Radio Frequency Ingress Not Detected
Repetitive Electrical Impulse Noise Not Detected
Cross Talk Not Detected
Estimated Line Length In Metres 339.1
Upstream Rate Assessment Very Good
Downstream Rate Assessment Reasonable
Interference Pattern Not Detected
Service Impact No Impact Observed
Home Wiring Problem Not Detected
Downstream Policing Discard Rate 0.0
Customer Traffic Level Upstream and Downstream Traffic Detected
Technology VDSL
Profile Name 0.128M-80M Downstream, Error Protection Off - 0.128M-20M Upstream, Error Protection Off

Your router is in sync at 74mbps which is within the estimates that our suppliers hold for your line. There is no banding or restrictions applies to your speed. As for G.INP, I don't believe this is something we can see.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
iangilf
Rising Star

hi gandalf

thanks for running the test m8

i see this

Downstream Rate Assessment Reasonable

why is it reasonable and the upstream is very good?

it used to sync at full speed and my max attainable rate was alot higher than what it shows now so whats the cause of the max attainable rate and the downstream rate being reasonable ?

also i know the line is in what they say it should be be but thats how they get around fixing any faults its a big margin just cause its ok in what they say it should be between doesnt mean theres no faults and does that mean we should be happy with what we get when i know the line is capable of more as when the engineer came here he showed me what the max attainable was it does get my goat up as basically they say your line is ok because its in between 50 and 80 meg thats a big difference thats how they get away with it

thanks

runhare
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

@iangilf wrote:

whats the point of this forum then ?

Ah, iangilf ,  well the main point of the forums - as I see it - is for Plus Net customers to discuss topics of interest and concern and to try to find answers to problems with the various services Plus Net provide, using  their own mutual help and advice. It so happens that some Plus Net staff also lurk in the forums and sometimes they pick up customers problems and provide answers - and even fixes! Sometimes they ask customers to identify themselves by Private Message and sometimes they seem to know who customers are anyway!

It's often assumed that the forums are there just  to raise compliants and provide an opportunity to fix  problems, but as far as I understand it as the forums are maintained and manged by customers, so that's not the primary purpose. The fact that Plus Net employees monitor the forums and respond is just a bonus and works alongside the official support pages

iangilf
Rising Star

Yep and that really answers my questions and gives me the help I need NOT but thanks for your input
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

why is it reasonable and the upstream is very good?

It could be due to anything from internal wiring to the line.

it used to sync at full speed and my max attainable rate was alot higher than what it shows now so whats the cause of the max attainable rate and the downstream rate being reasonable ?

Line tests aren't identifying the cause of the 6mbps speed drop.

Description GEA service test completed and no fault found .
Voice Line Test Result Pass

also i know the line is in what they say it should be be but thats how they get around fixing any faults its a big margin just cause its ok in what they say it should be between doesnt mean theres no faults and does that mean we should be happy with what we get when i know the line is capable of more as when the engineer came here he showed me what the max attainable was it does get my goat up as basically they say your line is ok because its in between 50 and 80 meg thats a big difference thats how they get away with it

Whilst I appreciate the frustration caused, due to how the broadband network works, our suppliers can't guarantee every line to have a perfect speed. In my opinion, you shouldn't feel a difference in performance between 74mbps and 80mbps.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

@iangilf Well you did ask what was the point of the forums and @runhare gave you an excellent descriptive answer so I am not impressed by your rather snooty response, how can a customer answer your questions? The forums are NOT an official support channel.

Mav
Fixes: 514

Moderator's note:

Several off-topic posts removed. Please keep things civil.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

iangilf
Rising Star

Cheers mav
iangilf
Rising Star

5. VDSL uptime: 0 days, 05:02:34
6. Data Rate: 20000 / 71102
7. Maximum Data Rate: 27604 / 71146
8. Noise Margin: 9.6 / 6.4
9. Line Attenuation: 16.9 / 14.0

had been up for over 6 days and then went off and came back to this lol even slower now u gotter love the joys of the internet

iangilf
Rising Star

5. VDSL uptime: 0 days, 05:02:34
6. Data Rate: 20000 / 71102
7. Maximum Data Rate: 27604 / 71146
8. Noise Margin: 9.6 / 6.4
9. Line Attenuation: 16.9 / 14.0

modem reset after 6 days and come back with less speed and .4 of snr

oh the joys

iangilf
Rising Star

could it be the box on the wall when the engineer came here he had to use a master socket 5c back plate and a mk4 face plate would that make any difference mixing up the phone socket?

anyone know ?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Apart from the fact your modem isn’t syncing at 80mbps, are you experiencing any issues with your service?
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet