cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

line and broadband cut off in error help!

donnawilson11
Hooked

line and broadband cut off in error help!

my line and broadband was cut off in error by plusnet on 25.11.19 when my contract ended even though i already agreed to a new term and got the terms through in confirmation email. iv had no line or broadband since then. they have had to set up a whole new account, line and broadband as they totally disconnected it. my line is now active today 2.12.19 but no sign of the broadband i desperatly need. does anyone know how much longer this will take? can anyone help speed this up? really unhappy with this service and the whole household are racking up data charges on our plusnet mobiles due to no wifi. please help
9 REPLIES 9
s7eveyorkshire
Dabbler

Re: line and broadband cut off in error help!

Should be on tomorrow usually..possibly tonight...do the reset on the back of the router (paper clip in the little reset hole 10 seconds)if its connected it should come on but possibly 24hours usually
donnawilson11
Hooked

really oh thanks thats giving me hope one of the many people iv spoke to said 10 days!!! its my old original hub that i have plugged in they are sending me a new one out, not sure why this one worked fine must be part of the new contact.i havent recieved it yet though. would this hub i have be ok to do that with. would it not say on my plusnet account if it was going to be soon? theres nothing on there just that they are trying to place the order.
s7eveyorkshire
Dabbler

Router will be ok maybe need to update the username and call to give them your old acc details to add the serial number of your router to your new account. Id have hoped usually its 24hours or so omce the lines activated...did you have a date given for going live?
donnawilson11
Hooked

no, no date.
s7eveyorkshire
Dabbler

On any of the tickets does it say to call once the phone goes live or anything? Id probably call to speak to the provisioning team to check the otder and hopefully they will be able to see a date/engineer .. close at 9pm so be open a while yet
donnawilson11
Hooked

no it didnt but i called provisioning today anyway when line went on, good job i did as she said oh ill start placing your broadband order now then. then an hour or so later the ticket was updated saying there was a problem placing your broadband order we will re order it. so i dont know what on earths going on.
BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Hi @donnawilson11, I'm sorry to hear your connection was cut off incorrectly and you're currently awaiting for the service to be re-provisioned. I can confirm that your broadband order is currently committed for 09/12/19 and can take up until midnight to come active. I'm afraid there's no steps we can take to progress this broadband order any sooner as all broadband orders take a minimum 10 working days. The new router would arrive a day or 2 before the order completes however I've given it a nudge now and it should be with you in the next 3-5 days but usually arrives sooner. By all means once you're up and running then please do let us know and we'll happily look at applying a goodwill gesture given the issues caused due to your connection being cut off.

donnawilson11
Hooked

hi i am finally up and running with broadband today. if you could look into a goodwill gesture now that would be great thanks.
BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Hi @donnawillson11, It's great to hear you're now all back up and running again and we'd be happy to look at offering you a goodwill gesture due to this ordeal that has occurred. Although I can;t discuss the specifics via this support channel I've updated a ticket on your account which requires action from yourself and can be seen here.