Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

large file dl

richierich007
Grafter
Fixes: 1

large file dl

question , my connection is aprox 70/19 and i been buying a new ps4 game which need a 9gb update, how come is it taking over 50mins to d/l no other items using wifi apart from phone s5 & laptop, which is idle atm so the ps has full access to the fibre, is the speeds down to ps servers or pn ?

3 REPLIES 3
DS
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 22

Re: large file dl

It's either that your PS4 is too far away from the router or it's wifi interference or a combination of both.

If you connect it to the router using an ethernet cable, does it start to d/l faster?

richierich007
Grafter
Fixes: 1

router is aprox 6 ft with nothing in its way from ps, not tried ethernet option, should pn look into this ?

DS
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 22

Even if it was at 6 inches away PN probably wouldn't look at it - unless you can prove with 100% accuracy that their supplied equipment was to blame.

If you connect via ethernet and the problem goes away then you've found the reason, but not the cure.

I see you reported issues on another thread but you never came back to it - https://community.plus.net/t5/Fibre-Broadband/slow-issue/m-p/1354368 - possibly connect a laptop via ethernet and repeat the btw speed tests, then put the laptop where the PS4 is and repeat but this time over wifi.

I presume it's a BT Hub One? If so split the 2.4Ghz wifi and 5Ghz wifi