cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is this Unlimited Fibre or Unlimited Fibre Extra?

FIXED
Tibzor
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 25

Re: is this Unlimited Fibre or Unlimited Fibre Extra?

Hi @SteveA 

Thanks for getting back in touch. I have just updated your IP profile to match new sync speed and updated ticket on your account here.

If there is anything else we can help you with - please let us know.

SteveA
Pro
Fixes: 3

It's looking a lot better

Upstream Downstream
Current Rate (kbps) 7481 40588
Max Rate (kbps) 7481 48428
SNR Margin (dB) 6.1 6.1
Line Attenuation (dB) 39.3 18.6
Errors (pkts) 0 0

Capture.PNG

SteveA
Pro

Fix

It dropped and reconnected overnight

Upstream Downstream
Current Rate (kbps) 7443 46633
Max Rate (kbps) 7443 46653
SNR Margin (dB) 6.2 6.4
Line Attenuation (dB) 39.4 18.6

Capture.PNG

SteveA
Pro

And one final update after a drop at 4am this morning.

Vr600fast2.PNGvr600fast.PNG

So I may well renew my contract now.

I don't recall ever seeing the D/L figures this high.

Leapy
Seasoned Champion

@SteveA  I'm also on Plusnet Fibre extra  and my current results are very much like yours.

Look at this image from a wired test this morning and it may give you some idea of how you compare with the IP  standard benchmarking and your local area (I'm in south London). 

https://testmy.netScreenshot 2020-07-29 at 8.54.53 AM.png

Leapy
Seasoned Champion

Having done everything, I can try, and as Plusnet were unwilling to give me a new hub, to try,  I purchased a BT Smarthub 6, to try a new router on my line.😉 and got improved download AND upload speeds, by around 10%!

Whilst exploring the setting on my new BT Smarthub 6 on a Plusnet Account, I see these setting, which seem to imply that my download and upload speeds are limited.

Is there anyway to adjust them, to reflect the Plusnet Contract of Fibre Unlimited Extra, that I have been paying for, for the last 11 months? (See extract of BT Smarthub 6 on my Plusnet Account)

Screenshot 2020-07-31 at 5.30.15 PM - Edited (1).png

RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

@Leapy I wouldn't complain too much as your data rates, which are your actual sync speeds are above the Maximum Data rates. The Max data rates are calculated by the modem so are not likely to be that accurate and depend on various line conditions.

What is rather suspicious is your upstream is exactly 10Mbps which may suggest it is banded (capped) at that speed, have you ever had a higher upstream speed?

Leapy
Seasoned Champion

@RealAleMadrid  I'm on Fibre Extra which was an 80mb down 20mb up.  I did get 66mb down and 15mb up for a very short while, during the change from Fibre to Fibre Extra, and it went, before Openreach replaced all the cooper  ground wires with fibre from the green cabinet to the telegraph pole outside. So, I was hoping it would get better and 80/20 was a possibility. 

When that groundwork was done, Openreach told me I could now get a contract  on FFTHP of 1Gb down and 200mb up on their new lines! (see earlier posting images 3 weeks ago on this thread Friday 10th July, when the download was under 40mb on the Plusnet One hub)

https://community.plus.net/t5/Fibre-Broadband/is-this-Unlimited-Fibre-or-Unlimited-Fibre-Extra/td-p/...

SteveA
Pro

One thing that my posts through this thread would seem to suggest is that the PN Hub One (or the one I had at least) isn't actually very good.

Since I upgraded to the VR600 and had the DLM reset my speeds are now significantly faster than they ever have been with the H1

speed1.PNG

On 10/7 that download profile was

Download speed achieved during the test was 30.64 Mbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 22.68 - 32.4 Mbps
IP Profile for your line is 32.4 Mbps

speed2.PNG
bmc
Hero
Fixes: 48

@SteveA 

PlusNet is a "value" ISP and their router reflects this. However, I suspect it works for most people (it does for me).

It is actually a rebadged BT HH5 - they have moved on to a "SmartHub" after the HH6 so they are two routers ahead of PlusNet.

Brian

SteveA
Pro

@bmc  - yes it was working for me, but obviously far from optimally. But it does make you wonder if some of the speed problems people are having are not down to their line but down to the H1.

Leapy
Seasoned Champion

@SteveA @bmc @RealAleMadrid @Tibzor @Browni  I just thought you might like to see the difference just switching hubs has made to my Fibre Extra speeds 😀  Who knows, one day my up speed may be in double digits and as high as 10mbps Funny 

Plusnet just told me my line is "at its limit".  Maybe it just needs a reboot or resetting?

On the Plus One hubOn the Plus One hubOn the BT hub 6On the BT hub 6