ip profile wrong

FIXED
JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

Re: ip profile wrong

@RealAleMadrid,

I actually think the reset has gone through in some manner because the profile information from KBD is missing - this is always normally the case when a recent reset or change has completed. What I want to check with Matt is that it's actually updated to the correct one. 

Live BRAG is system that almost no one currently has access to, but gives an better indication that waiting for KBD profiles to update (which can take weeks in some cases). We say live but actually it only shows information from the previous day (so it's a tad behind) but more accurate it some cases than KDB.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Thanks for your patience @smilers63

The reset request was definitely submitted as it was myself who did it. I've checked the other lines that we tried to reset at the same time and it appears that all the requests for Monday haven't gone through.

I've e-mailed the correct team for advice on where we go from here as there's no point requesting it again if they aren't going through.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
smilers63
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Good afternoon Matthew, has there been any progress on the fault,( banding issue) etc, at this time.
Many thanks smilers63
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for getting back to us @smilers63 

I've discussed this with Matt and we've not heard back from Openreach yet. The problem is we don't normally get any feedback when remote resets are carried out so if you don't see any increase in your speed by the end of Monday could you let us know so we can chase this up for you?

If it's urgent that you need a DLM reset we could book an engineer visit to carry out the reset the old fashioned way. Let us know if that's something you'd want us to arrange.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
smilers63
Rising Star

Thank you for your reply Gandalf, There is no change on any of the stats or sync on my side, also the test socket and normal socket tests are almost identical . 

Therefore it looks like the only way to resolve this is for a engineer visit. slots available for me would be 18th or 20th ,21st November 8.00am to 1300hrs.

many thanks .

smilers63
Rising Star

oh My God.......

Hope this is just a glitch.

Opera Snapshot_2019-11-15_160748_speedtest.btwholesale.com.png

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi @smilers63 I think it'd be a good idea to book an engineer as you're getting a lot lower speeds than what your line is artificially restricted at, they'd be able to investigate this before carrying out a DLM reset.

I've booked the engineer visit for 20/11/2019 between 8am and 1pm. I've also added a reply to your ticket with this. As a heads up I'm not sure how the ticket will look on your side now but if it's a bit odd such as a lot of white space, sorry about that. In copying and pasting some test results into the ticket, it appears to have 'broken' the HTML a bit.

Let us know how the appointment goes.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
smilers63
Rising Star

Thanks for your reply Gandalf.  Will keep you informed.

interestingly this is my router stats from 28/03/19

ROUTER STATS 80 20 LINE 280319 1205 (2).jpg

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No problem @smilers63 and those stats are looking a lot better than what we're seeing now. 

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
smilers63
Rising Star

Fix

Hello Gandalf, or Mathew,

I am not sure if my broadband has been fixed pre- engineer visit or its a belated re-set or even divine intervention, this is my live router stats now (17:31 19/11/19).

Opera Snapshot_2019-11-19_172500_192.168.1.1.png

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi @smilers63 I’m glad to see your speeds have improved. Thumbs_Up We’d be too close to the engineer visit to cancel the appointment so it may be worth letting it go ahead and we’ll see if the engineer is able to find the cause for the problem. 

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
smilers63
Rising Star

Thank you for your reply Gandalf, I haven't seen stats like this since march this year.

Will do as suggested, and see what the engineer comes up with..

Thanks again.