Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ip profile set for 38.4 and should be on 80/20

victorhoy
Dabbler

ip profile set for 38.4 and should be on 80/20

FFAQ

Results Image not loadedWas fine, 73 down 18 up and now this. Can you sort it please.

1. Best Effort Test: -provides background information.

Download Speed
  37.2 Mbps

0 Mbps 38.4 Mbps
Max Achievable Speed

Download speedachieved during the test was - 37.2 Mbps
 Additional Information:
 IP Profile for your line is - 38.4 Mbps

2. Upstream Test: -provides background information.

Upload Speed
  16.06 Mbps

0 Mbps 20 Mbps
Max Achievable Speed

Upload speed achieved during the test was - 16.06Mbps
 Additional Information:
 Upstream Rate IP profile on your line is - 20 Mbps

This test was not conclusive and further testing is required.This might be useful for your Broadband Service Provider to investigate the fault.

If you wish to carry out further tests,please click on 'Continue' button.If not, please close the window using 'Exit' button and contact your ISP for further assistance with these results.

Please visit the FAQ if you are unable to understand the test results.

20 REPLIES 20
Tench
Grafter

Re: ip profile set for 38.4 and should be on 80/20

Same issue here. I'm 400 yards from the exchange and had a maxed-out connection until a few weeks ago. Please return it to how it was Plusnet.

Profile.png

geek26
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

Sorry to here about this the best thing to do is contact the live chat team here they will be able to raise this for you.

Alternatively  a member of Plusnet staff will pick this up next week.

James 

victorhoy
Dabbler

Not looking very professional at the moment, help line say I am connected at 0 but the fault reporting system is down so I have to wait until 1700 to log it.

Perhaps  it's time for me to look for a new provider for my phone and fibre.

victorhoy
Dabbler

Still not sorted.

Out of my contract with this lot, anyone know if T.T. are worth looking at? 

victorhoy
Dabbler

Do I just sign up with a new provider and let them do it all or do I have to let PN know I am leaving in advance?

SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

Let the new provider sort everything out, never tell the old supplier is the motto. All switches are now lead by the gaining ISP/telephone company who do all the legwork for you.

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
Casey
Rising Star

Same issue here. I'm 400 yards from the exchange and had a maxed-out connection until a few weeks ago. Please return it to how it was Plusnet.

I have the same issues..

3 to 4 months at a solid 46-47 megabit... then, about two weeks ago, 37 is it..  A solid 20% loss of speed.

And, yes, all the "fob off" answers...  ISPa are nearly all scumbags... no one else could get away with a 20% loss for the same price!

victorhoy
Dabbler

Pathetic support, 

I tried to call you today but there was no answer.  I DON'T ANSWER CALLS WHERE THE CALLER WITHHOLDS HIS NUMBER.

I have tested the line today and can see the fault now seems to be fixed. NO IT'S NOT

I can see from our systems that your router is online and that your connection & speed are all performing within expectations.

IF YOU CALL AN  IP PROFILE OF 38.4 ON A FIBRE MAX WHICH HAS BEEN AT 74Mbs FOR 18 MONTHS "WITHIN EXPECTATIONS"  BECAUSE I DON'T.

Had enough of these clowns.

victorhoy
Dabbler

10 days later and  still not resolved by P.N. 

Still getting 37 down when paying for 80.

I got a letter from them saying they are sorry to see me leave, lol. If your tech's were up to scratch and sorted this out then I wouldn't be leaving.

Casey
Rising Star

The sad reality is that it doesn't matter where you go, your ISP will bend you over and [-Censored-] you.

I've had about 10 ISP across three countries AND have seen many many Whirlpool forum complaints of other ISPs (as well as other Fibre/ADSL1/2 forums) (For those who don;t know it, whirlpool is an Aussie forum that is sepatrate from ISPs and has no affiliates with any).

And my take-away from those ISPs?  You WILL get screwed. Maybe not this year.. but you will.  It took BT 4 years to screw me over... 4 years of a solid 47 megabit... then suddenly it dropped to 35.

AND - get this - they called me a liar when I said I had the 4 years of 47!!  so i switched to PN under a promise of a minimum 40,,, and had 3-4 months of a solid 46/47.

Then... BAM!, kick in the nuts time -- down to 37 and it's stayed there for a month now. 

ISPs would make good politicians... lying cheating thieving filth who promise XYZ then renege as soon as they can. PN, BT, TalkyTalk, Virgin... it doesn't matter who you;re with, bend over and take it.

Of course, you could always not have a connection - drop off the grid - but then that's just crippling yourself in an internet age.  Screwed if we do, screwed if we don't.

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Avoidance of swear filter edited as per Forum rules.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

@victorhoy - Sorry to see this thread has been missed.

Testing your connection does show that the speeds are where we would expect:

Test Outcome Pass
Test Outcome Code GTC_FTTC_SERVICE_0001
Description GEA service test completed and no fault found but unable to check for customer equipment connected to modem.
Main Fault Location OK
Sync Status In Sync
Downstream Speed 73.0 Mbps
Upstream Speed 20.0 Mbps
Appointment Required N
Fault Report Advised N
NTE Power Status PowerOn
Voice Line Test Result Pass
Bridge Tap Not Detected
Radio Frequency Ingress Not Detected
Repetitive Electrical Impulse Noise Not Detected
Cross Talk Not Detected
Estimated Line Length In Metres 320.0
Upstream Rate Assessment Very Good
Downstream Rate Assessment Very Good
Interference Pattern Not Detected
Service Impact No Impact Observed
Home Wiring Problem Not Detected
Profile Name 0.128M-80M Downstream, Retransmission Low - 0.128M-20M Upstream, Error Protection Off

However I do appreciate you're advising your speeds are still considerably lower than this in practice.

Generally I would advise further investigation is required, however I see you're now moving to another provider and this would unfortunately prevent us from getting our suppliers to investigate the fault further.

I do sincerely apologise for any inconvenience this matter has been causing and wish you all the best with your new provider.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

@Casey

Casey wrote:
I have the same issues..

3 to 4 months at a solid 46-47 megabit... then, about two weeks ago, 37 is it..  A solid 20% loss of speed.

And, yes, all the "fob off" answers...  ISPa are nearly all scumbags... no one else could get away with a 20% loss for the same price!

While I appreciate your speeds may have been higher previously, the speeds you've advised you've seen a drop to are still within the estimates for your line:

Featured Products

Downstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Downstream Range(Mbps)

WBC FTTC Availability Date

WBC SOGEA Availability Date

Left in Jumper

High Low High Low        
VDSL Range A (Clean) 49.5 35 10.1 7 -- Available -- --

As the connection is still performing within the expected speed range, this is unfortunately not something our suppliers would accept as a low speed fault.

While I appreciate a drop in speed is frustrating, it can happen over time. Personally, since I've been on FTTC, my speeds have also dropped from around 60Mbps to around 35Mbps, however it is still in line with the speed range expected for my line.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
Tench
Grafter

There's capping going on somewhere. Lines don't drop 20% of there capacity after being stable for 2 years for no reason (especially ones 400 yards from the exchange). It seems too often ignored that fibre is a premium high speed service, at a premium price. Given this speed drop and constant network issues in general, there's no incentive to stay when I can get this service level for substantially less money. 😕

Casey
Rising Star

It seems too often ignored that fibre is a premium high speed service, at a premium price. Given this speed drop and constant network issues in general, there's no incentive to stay when I can get this service level for substantially less money. 😕

There's the damn truth of it - we are paying for a premium service and getting shafted in the rear!