Did you mean: 

internet frequently disconnects at random

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: internet frequently disconnects at random

Sorry to hear you're having problems.

Let us know what happens over the next few days.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
AndrewCook

Hi Dylanb

I have been a member of PlusNet for 20 years (joined in 1997). Up until recently I found the service to be excellent and customer support fantastic. Recently however my experience has been nothing but bad with them. I also have frequent disconnects on my fibre connection, several short (20 seconds approx) disconnects each day. This has been reported twice but the problem is still there. Extremely annoying.

Is your disconnect problem sorted now?

Thanks.

AndrewCook

Yes, I have had the same problem with intermittent drops (about 20 seconds of disconnect several times a day). I have reported it and PlusNet say they have fixed it, but nothing has changed.  ...very frustrating.

Dylanb
Hooked

sadly plusnet done nothing but send 5-6 engineers out who all basically said the same stuff, it was a complete joke the fact that they knew my Internet was dropping and did nothing to help, it was me who suggested and new line / router, plusnet probably would not have provided if i had not asked, but at the end of it all i did get it fixed..... by leaving plusnet and joining another isp, who has been amazing not dropped once in all my time so far with the speeds just being as good, plusnet i would avoid if they were the last ones left, we'll do you proud... i think not, i hope you all realize now that there is much better out there and without all the hassle that plusnet bring, have a good day and good luck with these people