cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

internet connection dropouts

KevD

internet connection dropouts

Been with Plusnet for about 10 years now, and never really had a problem.  However, just lately, since changing to fibre broadband a glitch has finally arrived!  I have the supplied Openreach box and Plusnet router and lately I regularly lose internet connection.  My devices all tell me that I have connection to the router, but I don't have internet.  Sometimes I can cure this by telling my ipad or iphone to "forget" the device and then re-find the router and log in.  Works for a while and then drops out.  Been happening for about 2 months on and off.  Sometimes it is impossible to log back on.  Other times it works fine.  I have checked all the connections etc as per the documentation.  Anyone have any ideas?

KevD

4 REPLIES 4
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: internet connection dropouts

Hi Kev,

I can see the broadband connection itself isn't dropping so I think your seeing the result of WiFi interference.

Give the tips shown here a try and let us know how you get on https://www.plus.net/help/broadband/getting-the-best-wifi-signal/

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
vultura
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

@KevD wrote:

Been with Plusnet for about 10 years now, and never really had a problem.  However, just lately, since changing to fibre broadband a glitch has finally arrived!  I have the supplied Openreach box and Plusnet router and lately I regularly lose internet connection. 

KevD

How old is your fibre install and which PN supplied router do you have?

Has anyone seen my signature, it's gone missing.
KevD

Hello Grafter,

My Fibre was installed about a year ago, and the Plusnet router is Sagecom 2704M.

Kev

KevD

Hi Adam,

Thanks for replying........I've been through the tips you referred me to and checked them out.  All is as per they recommend.  The router and modem seem to be on all the time, as you say, and I always have a good connection showing and my ipad or phone shows good connections to the box, but often says there is no internet, although I am within 10 ft of the modem and router.  Strange!

Kev