Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

interleaving

FIXED
cocopops101
Fixes: 1

interleaving

hi im getting conflicting info. i want interleaving turned off i had it off on fibre now on fibre plus an im getting told by 1 advisor hes turning it off other advisor saying it cant be turned off and last advisor no clue about what im on about and says its off so question is can anyone tell me how if possible i can turn it off myself or if any tech advisor here can you fix my account and turn it off please
6 REPLIES 6
bill888
Champion
Fixes: 38

Re: interleaving

Just my two pennies worth.

As far as I am aware, I don't believe ISPs (or Openreach) can manually set the interleaving on FTTC fibre. (I think they have some control if it is ADSL)

What modem/router are you using?

G.INP was introduced two years ago.  If you are connected to a Huawei FTTC cab, then I thought interleaving is turned off by default on both downstream and upstream links if the modem 'fully' supports G.INP.  If I'm wrong, hopefully someone will correct me.

ex-Plusnet (ADSL, FTTC) 2008-2023. now BT (FTTP) 2023-
cocopops101

Fix
im using the plusnet hub 1. ive spoken to tech and thyv put in a ticket to bt wholesale to turn it off will take approx 24hrs. it will stay off as long as my connection stable if not it reverts to on again and i have to wait for issues to be fixed and line go stable before requesting it turned off again. when you phone tech you need to adk to be put on whats called FASTPATH (its BT's name for no interleave) and they will send ticket to btwholesale (as it them who deal with this) requesting it be turned off but they will only comply if you have stable connection on your line.
hope this helps anyone with same issue Smiley
cocopops101

copy of some of advisor chat transcript

[CSA Removed]
Hi you're through to [CSA Removed], how can I help?
colin miller: hi im wanting to raise a ticket to get interleaving off on my account please as my line is stable iv been told i can raise a ticket to have this removed could you help with this please and put me on fastpath
[CSA Removed]
I can probably just place the order to remove interleaving for you Smiley
colin miller: thnx
[CSA Removed]
ok so
[CSA Removed]
I'd never heard of fastpath before
[CSA Removed]
So I looked it up
[CSA Removed]
Turns out it's just what BT Retail like to call a broadband connection without interleaving. Not an actual service as such
[CSA Removed]
Just like they call Fibre to the cabinet, infinity. It's more of a brand name thing if that makes sense?
colin m: yes
[CSA Removed]
Once this order completes, you'll be on what BT Retail call fastpath, yes.
[CSA Removed]
Please restart your router when the connection drops or after an hour, whichever comes first and it should be sorted Smiley

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): CSA name removed as per Forum rules.

RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

I'm afraid the customer service agent has no idea, there is no method for removing interleave on FTTC connections, it is all automatically controlled by the Openreach DLM system. So it is a bit of a puzzle as to what order was placed by the agent.Huh

bill888
Champion
Fixes: 38

Perhaps an order for a DLM reset was placed by the agent ?

ex-Plusnet (ADSL, FTTC) 2008-2023. now BT (FTTP) 2023-
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

I think that is unlikely, until recently all DLM resets had to be actioned by an engineer visit after a fault being fixed. I seem to recall some posts on the forum about a trial scheme to allow ISPs to request a DLM reset but not sure if that is active and if the first line support staff know anything about it.