cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

interleaving is high

Dodger21
Grafter

interleaving is high

Can anyone give some info about the stats I’ve posted (see below).

I can see that interleaving is high, I have turn things off moved them away from the router but this has not changed anything. I am aware that the cheaper power units can give issues and have done what I can to eliminate them but have never had any joy.

If there is an external issue that OR/BT has an obligation to find it?

The router is connected directly into the master socket and using the test socket has no effect.

5 REPLIES 5
markuswelby
Rising Star

Re: interleaving is high

@Dodger21 I'm not an expert but do you know the approx line length distance from your fttc cabinet?

The down attenuation seems high at 23 dB , which to my limited knowledge i'm sure that's either a long line or a faulty connection on the line.

Out of interest what actual rate did you used to get before interleaving started?

My connection got interleaved once when I switched the power off for a week while I went on Holiday.

This my not apply to you but thought I would mention it.

It took many weeks to go back fast path, which was most annoying.

Anyway hopefully a member of staff on here will do a line check etc for you.

Ubuntu-MATE 18.04.3 LTS (Bionic Beaver) 64-bit
markuswelby
Rising Star

@Dodger21 

P.S. I guess you using a known good filter with your modem in the test socket?

Dodger21
Grafter

Hi

Thanks for the replies,

Distance from the Cab is 750M

The interleaving has always been there, at one point if I remember correctly BT did start using a fix for a while at that point I was getting 35Mb but they did not have a licence and had to remove it.

The face plate has its own filter (NT5 or something like that)

markuswelby
Rising Star

@Dodger21 wrote:

Distance from the Cab is 750M

750M is quite a distance. As a guide take a look at the chart on this page:

https://www.increasebroadbandspeed.https://www.increasebroadbandspeed.co.uk/2013/chart-bt-fttc-vdsl2... 

@Dodger21 wrote:

The interleaving has always been there, at one point if I remember correctly BT did start using a fix for a while at that point I was getting 35Mb but they did not have a licence and had to remove it.

Maybe they tried G.INP or Vectoring to help that.

@Dodger21 wrote:

The face plate has its own filter (NT5 or something like that)

I see. On mine the test socket is behind the faceplate and the filter is in the faceplate. So in my case I have to remove the two screws to remove the faceplate and then put an old fashioned in-line filter in the test socket first and then plug the modem into the filter.

Anyway, hopefully a member of staff will do a line check for you and see what they find. Best of luck.

Dodger21
Grafter

Hi

Thanks again for your replies, I will probably just have to put up with the current situation as It would require a visit from a high level OR/BT engineer to trace the fault and I can’t see Plusnet going down that route.

Still all is not lost as I live in one of the rural areas that OR are going to start putting  in FTTP now if only Plusnet would start excepting FTTP connections again.

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2020/01/openreach-add-227-rural-uk-areas-to-fttp-broadband-rol...