Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

inconsistent Fibre Speeds

Eatpower
Grafter

inconsistent Fibre Speeds

Hi, everyone!

Having a bit of problem with the new Hub One router. I've been experiencing these notable inconsistencies that affect my internet experience.

I'm finding if I leave the router on for the rest of the day, the speeds will drop dramatically, below 30.. I found with the Hub Zero, the speeds were always 45mbps I was told upgrading to the Hub One would be better, but it just feels like a downgrade. I'm finding it hard to follow the Plusnets staffs advise leaving the router on because as I've stated, the speeds will drop as the day goes on. I was advised to change the wireless channel but it makes no difftence whatsoever.

Help would be much appreciated!
4 REPLIES 4
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 76

Re: inconsistent Fibre Speeds

How are you testing, wired or wireless? And what are the sync speeds pm the Troubleshooting/Helpdesk page on the router? Do they change?

Eatpower
Grafter

Hi,

The tests are being done wireless.
I'm having a hard time checking the speeds through Ethernet because I'm unfortunately going through a family crisis and my computer is playing me up at the moment. I will Pm you the results of the Sync stats!
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 76

Its OK, just seen them, looks like you have a good connection, unfortunately I don't think the Hub 1 is great at WiFi, but it can be improved.

You can add a 5 to the 5Ghz SSID and tick "No" sync with the 2.4Ghz.

Get hold of a WiFi analyser app such as 'inSSIDer' and change the WiFi channels to the least congested ones, rather than Auto.

I have also heard of some devices struggling when the 2.4Ghz channels are set to use 300Mb/s so you can try at 144.

Not sure if the Hub1 has it, but if it has Smart Setup, then switch it off.

HTH

Eatpower
Grafter

Hi,

Thank you for the advise. I'm out at the moment, so I'll give that a go when I get home. I'll keep you posted on what happens.

Thanks!