cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

if i transfer my broadband from BT to plusnet do i need BT openreach and socket

rujiart123

if i transfer my broadband from BT to plusnet do i need BT openreach and socket

If I transfer my broadband from BT to plusnet do i need a 'new' BT openreach modem and socket?Huh
After I connected my router to my old BT openreach everything seems to be working fine; however, I'd paid for for the router set which is including BT Openreach modem and New BT Master socket, so do I still need a new one?
And if I don't does is going to cause any problems later on?
Additionally, Plusnet sent me an email saying that 'A BT engineer will be visiting your home to install Plusnet Fibre today (20th October 2014), yet no one is visiting, nor on the 21th October... Undecided
3 REPLIES 3
chenks76
All Star
Fixes: 12

Re: if i transfer my broadband from BT to plusnet do i need BT openreach and socket

if you already have a fibre enabled faceplate then you don't get a new one, you keep the existing one.
also, if you already have an openreach modem then you don't get a new one, you keep the existing one (which remains the property of openreach).
if you don't have one then you should have got one as part of the migration.
if you are migrating then an engineer is not technically required as you should already have everything in your premises.
only new fibre install require an engineer visit. you are a migration, not a new install.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: if i transfer my broadband from BT to plusnet do i need BT openreach and socket

Hi rujiart123,
Welcome to Plusnet and the Community forums!
I've double checked your order and can confirm we're handing this as a migration so no engineer will need to visit.
Apologies for the confusing communication about that we're looking at improvements to our provisioning processes at the moment.
Hope that helps and do please stick around on the forums! Smiley
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
chenks76
All Star
Fixes: 12

Adam, of course you'll need to check that the OP has an Openreach modem, as they might only have a BT HH5.
this is something that seems to be a problem with migration orders, in that PN assume an openreach modem is already on-site, when it might not be.