cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPad mini 3 connection issues

Psalliss
Grafter

iPad mini 3 connection issues

Just had fibre fitted today and all seems good on hub 5 but every now and again the Internet stops working until I turn wifi off on the pad and then back on. The wifi icon remains on permanently so bit confused as to what issue is. Has anyone got any ideas..?
6 REPLIES 6
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: iPad mini 3 connection issues

Hi Psalliss,
I've just been googling this and found a few posts on Apple forums where others had the same issue after updating to OS8 recently.
Resetting the network settings (under settings, general, then reset) should hopefully sort that for you.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Psalliss
Grafter

Thanks I'll give it a go.
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Have you upgraded to iOS 8.0.3, that has some Wifi fixes in I believe
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Psalliss
Grafter

Yes latest iOS installed. Done it a few times and just turn wifi switch off and back on on iPad and seems to sort it. I'm wondering if it's losing connection when trying to switch between 2.4 and 5.0 ghz. May try manually connecting via 5gh and changing ssid name on the router so can manually select
Joshc
Grafter

Good evening,
I thought I would jump in on this, as my wife bugged me with this this exact same issue the other night, right in the middle of silent witness!
Connecting via 5gh and changing the ssid so that you can manually select, is the route I went down seem to do the trick.
Smiley
Psalliss
Grafter

Thanks that's what I think I'm going to do. I presume 5ghz is the best option for iPad and most latest wifi gadgets