cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iFit Live Module won't connect to router and I need to be able to port forward??

BarefootWandere
Dabbler

Re: iFit Live Module won't connect to router and I need to be able to port forward??

dhcp is enabled in windows 7, here are the router settings for DHCP: see attached
just says use v4 server with a tick box and v6. Am I looking in the right place? Are these settings as they should be? Anything I can change?
if i'm at a dead end with this what risks am I exposed to using the WEP security settings instead? If I change my key every week would I be relatively safe from hackers?
all help appreciated. Could do with someone having an "ahh" moment so plz have a look at my attachment and see if everything is as it should be.
By the way I have tried connecting with windows firewall switched off - it was at the start of installation as well. I've also tried enabling game mode (what ever that does) within the router settings but no go so I'll disable it after.
Any other ideas. Should I just go on WEP security settings?
npr
Pro
Fixes: 9

Re: iFit Live Module won't connect to router and I need to be able to port forward??

No, those are the routers settings.
I was thinking about the setting in the iFit box, I'm assuming you can access the iFit's network setting through the software you run when you connect to it with a usb cable.
Did you try turning off the PC's wifi when connecting to the iFit via usb?
npr
Pro

See the instructions here https://ifit.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/201800120-What-do-I-do-if-I-have-a-DHCP-error-
From instruction No 27, it tells you how to configure static IP settings in the iFit.
Use these settings:
IPv4:  192.168.1.10
Subnet mask: 255.255.255.0
default gateway: 192.168.1.254
Primary DNS: 192.168.1.254
Secondary DNS: 8.8.8.8
Note:
Some smart TV have problems connecting to the plusnet router via wifi when the TV's network settings are "automatic". Changing the TV's settings to static IP's as above usually solves the issue, let hope it solves your problem.
BarefootWandere
Dabbler

Hi npr - thank you for sticking around, I missed your last 2 messages cos dozey here didn't spot the second page of the thread (duh)
Anyway I've tried what you said - I just followed the instructions in the link and then copied and pasted your suggestions as follows:
IPv4:  192.168.1.10
Subnet mask: 255.255.255.0
default gateway: 192.168.1.254
Primary DNS: 192.168.1.254
Secondary DNS: 8.8.8.8
Is that what I was supposed to do - the instructions in the link suggested "Take the IP Address from the DOS screen and add 5. Put that # in the space marked IPv4" which I didn't understand... add 5, what does that mean exactly? Any way I used what you suggested (as above) attempted to connect several times but with no luck.
My wifi isn't connected to my pc as i am plugged into the router directly so i'm unable to disable the wifi whic was your earlier suggestion.
If you have anything further let me know.
I have tried opening another support request directly on ifits site but after their last attemps I'm not holding my breath. Just going keep prodding at it if nothing gives the only option is to use WEP which is last resort.
Thanks again for your efforts, just hope I can resolve this at some point cos it's driving me nuts now  Angry
npr
Pro

The "add 5" is just a guess on their part so you use a unassigned IP address.
Using my suggestions "192.168.1.10" is almost guaranteed, on a Technicolor router, to be a unused IP address
Quote from: BarefootWanderer

My wifi isn't connected to my pc as i am plugged into the router directly so i'm unable to disable the wifi whic was your earlier suggestion.

Try unplugging the ethernet cable between PC and router while trying to get the iFit to connect via wifi.
Have you tried ejs's suggestion of changing the routers wifi name (SSID) to something shorter, say 8 to 10 characters.
Also try with a router wifi password 8 to 10 characters long if that doesn't work increase the password length to 12 to 16 characters.
Note: SSID and password are case sensitive
Silly question, but are you sure you're trying to connect to your own router and not one of your neighbours. Wink
BarefootWandere
Dabbler

tried the unplugging thing...
shortened the ssid and password (then increased characters to 12-16 as u suggested) but still no joy.
Funny, ifit just emailed me back after 3 days of ignoring my emails and suggested the link you gave me for advanced settings. Ah well at least they are talking to me now.
My no1 gripe is that when I rang plusnet's so called technical helpline they said ( on 2 occasions) that they have no technical knowledge about routers. This poses the question of why the F*** are they on the other side of the phone. The answer is out there and I am bloody annoyed that plusnet can't fathom this and instead give me links to port forwarding websites.
Plusnet is the factor. I was with virgin until I moved house and because virgin was unavailable I end up signing up with plusnet and eversince moving isp's I've been unable to connect. Maybe I have to buy a new router?? I don't know - I'm running out of steam now. Deeply regret moving to plusnet, that's where the problem began and no one there wantsa to help me. Instead I have to rely on finding the answer of you guys (which is much appreciated by the way Smiley )
Fed up.
npr
Pro

Do you still have the virgin router?
If so can you give details of the router.
It may be possible to use the old router in some way which you say the iFit will connect to.
BarefootWandere
Dabbler

No unfortunately I left it at the other house.
BarefootWandere
Dabbler

Problem solved. Step son's been up for christmas day and workd with networks. He suggested using the KEY instead of password and it worked!
I was under the understanding that the key was for wep and pw for wpa2
Can't believe i missed something this obvious - alot of sweat and tears for something simple!
PeterLoftus
Pro
Fixes: 5

I should have thought to advise you
I had the same thing with my sky box impossible to enter the password with the sky remote then I got my new Plusnet fibre modem with the key button then bingo  Grin Grin
To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
npr
Pro

Quote from: BarefootWanderer

Can't believe i missed something this obvious

I can't believe the password didn't work.  Undecided
Caplan

Glad somebody got this to work...

seeing as Plusnet's famous customer service (sic) have failed miserably to help, I'll try here. I have the same problem. Ifitlive wifi module, hanging on Amber flashing. Technicolor router working fine. WPA-PSK in place with encryption key. Recognised by Ifitlive as a network but will not connect. Reading this thread, consensus is not a port problem as Ifit seem to say. intrigued how your stepson solved the problem!