cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how soon should fibre extra speed arrive after upgraded email please?

solent2
Dabbler

how soon should fibre extra speed arrive after upgraded email please?

Hi, have upgraded from the fibre to extra one day ago and had the 'completed upgrade' email overnight but no increase yet? line profile on pn says 80 but the bt still says 38.71 (and currently the speed is varying from normal 36 to rather low - below 20).  I cut the internet and reconnected just the once (dont want to think it is unstable!) but no increase yet - and no info as to when this should happen 24 hours? 3 days? week?  it would help if this was stated somewhere please!

17 REPLIES 17
plux
Dabbler

Re: how soon should fibre extra speed arrive after upgraded email please?

Hopefully they'll tell you.  I upgraded on the 19th and asked on their chat on the 23rd why I wasn't getting my new speed yet.  Mine didn't go active till the 30th and it was lovely of them to wait so long to volunteer that information.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Sorry to hear you haven't seen a increase.

Unfortunately the order wasn't placed to increase your speeds so I've had to do this manually.

This should complete tomorrow and you'll see faster speeds from then.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
solent2
Dabbler

ok ta - bit of an oops! but I guess lots of people are upgrading right now - will keep my fingers crossed, thanks!

solent2
Dabbler

Hi folks, still having problems with my upgrade on 30th May, don't know why it had to be manually done but the results are still not right yet and the hub 1 still has not arrived (do I really need one? I have the old openreach modem hooked up to a router).  Testing with various sites, mostly thinkbroadband and BT wholesale it has crept up to 60ish my line is supposed to be rated up to 80 and I have been given a minimum guarantee of 65.1 but it has not got there yet. I have rebooted router twice and the modem once (dont want it to seem unstable).  this morning I ran the BT again and I got a nonsense result - so the upload is 14.81 and ip max 20 but the download says ip range should be 40 - 64.69 (still below my minimum you notice) but the download result was 232!  what the eckky thump is going on?!  before the upgrade my service was reliably 36+ on an up to 40 line and the cabinet is only a short distance away so realistically I should be getting 70+    is this a fault or something I am not understanding? do I just wait a bit longer?

Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Sorry to hear this.

I've ordered the router for you now and we'll get it to you as soon as possible

With regards to the speeds they are slightly below the estimate but I'd recommend seeing how you get on once the new router arrives

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

As you've seen, you don't 'need' the Plusnet router. Wait and see what a Hub One does but I doubt it will give a very different speed.

With respect to the BTw Speedtester, it has been repeatedly shown that it does not work properly with some Internet browsers. It is known to work with Microsoft's Edge and Internet Explorer.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

solent2
Dabbler

Hi, thanks for the info - just tried the BT tester on edge, still says my line range is only 40 - 64.9 (ie lower than my minimum) and this time it is still saying the download is higher than that but not quite so crazy. thinkbroadband is giving around 60ish on edge. Will wait for the hub, which is now being sent, otherwise the fault might not be believed.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Let us know how you get on with your new router.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
solent2
Dabbler

Hi, the hub arrived and I have now tested the line by plugging it in direct to the main socket and using my laptop with ethernet cable supplied - so avoiding the extension cable wired in by bt openreach and avoiding my desktop pc in case there was some oddity there.  Also now using Edge on win 10. The before and after is very minor difference (actually very slightly down as expected after dropping the line).  It is now more than 10 days since the upgrade and I have never got to the minimum line speed - the plusnet page says  Telephone number:023xxxxxxxx
Phone exchange:SOUTHAMPTON
Estimated line speed:
80Mb (This may vary between 73Mb and 80Mb) - Checked on 2017-06-13 00:48:53
Current line speed:
65 Mb

I have been saving my results from bt and thinkbroadband in case needed. It really does feel like it has been blocked/capped whatever the correct term is, just below the minimum - we can see the cabinet and have not had issues before so it really should be ok, does it need 'resetting' in the cabinet or something? remembering that the order had to be actioned manually, the hub one likewise, all should have been automatic so has something else not been done that should have been? getting mildly annoyed as I am fiddling around with all this instead of working!

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Sorry to hear you still haven't seen a increase.

I'd recommend reporting a fault here so we can investigate further

Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
solent2
Dabbler

Hi, I raised a fault - now 6 days ago, but of course that includes the weekend, still no answer from PN just 'Awaiting support team answer'  does it usually take this long to check the fibre line after being given all the details?

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there, sorry about the delay in getting a response from us. I've just picked this up and replied to the ticket on your account. - Adam 

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
solent2
Dabbler

Hi thanks - I chose 3 slots (if I understood the request correctly) but already this mornings has gone, do I wait in for each or will someone tell me which morning it will be? do I need to keep adding new ones as each day expires? sorry for being dim but there is no guidance as to when the process begins or what.