cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how many people have had fibre optic installation delays?

rosethornec

how many people have had fibre optic installation delays?

Hi I just wondered if other members have had such problems getting fibre optic installed? ours has just been put back for the third time, due to our landline already been swapped on the first agreed date of 14th we are paying a fortune to use a mobile broadband and we are going in circles trying to get some help, surely this isnt right?
9 REPLIES 9
Andrue
Pro
Fixes: 1

Re: how many people have had fibre optic installation delays?

Quote from: rosethornec
surely this isnt right?
It might not be 'right' whatever you mean by that but it's pretty common. If you're annoyed because you think you are being hard done by, forget it. Sadly it's just the way it is (regardless of ISP).
dnpark38
Rising Star

Quote from: Andrue
surely this isnt right?
It might not be 'right' whatever you mean by that but it's pretty common. If you're annoyed because you think you are being hard done by, forget it. Sadly it's just the way it is (regardless of ISP).

Mine was delayed by Plusnet it took almost a week later for Broadband after Phone.
Never had a problem with previous suppliers.
http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/button/1476198475230638155-mini.png
Andrue
Pro
Fixes: 1

Quote from: dnpark38
Mine was delayed by Plusnet it took almost a week later for Broadband after Phone.
Well PN do seem (based purely on these forums) to have more problems with their installation process than most but I still reckon that the majority of issues over installation dates are down to openreach. I've moved several times over the years and I've never known a move take less than a couple of weeks. Some of the delay is probably deliberate to give the customer the chance to review it and to stop a 'slammed' move.
dnpark38
Rising Star

No forget the standard delay of 14 days.
What the problem is when moving both the phone and broadband PN give the same day but say they will be at different time on that same day.
Then Open Reach do not do what PN have asked/agreed, then PN fail to take OR to task and get us the customer of PN quick satisfaction.
The root problem is OR and PN are both BT companies.
When I was with Sky they got OR to my home the following day, Sky even telling OR to come am or pm. twice.
Sky rang me a couple of hours after OR engineer had left and said they OR report and was I now happy because if I wasn't OR would be sent out again. 
cr33d
Dabbler

Had Landline and Broadband provided 2 times by Sky and 2 times by BT, never had an issue switching, always as per date provided by ISP.
Moved to PN, landline working (after 14 days as promised) and BB is not working.
Terranova667
Pro
Fixes: 5

A big problem is Plusnet have nothing in place if things go wrong with the order to notify customers that something is up or even communicate what is going on once they do know it's always down to the customer to do the chasing that has to change.
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 76

The work involved moving services from a LLU supplier to a BT Wholesale provider is much more involved and complex than moving from BTW to BTW suppliers, even worse however would be moving from one LLU to another LLU supplier.
Also the timeframes that some people consider reasonable seems unrealistic, BT who I was with for many years as an employee, so free broadband and phone, started charging me their top prices after I left the company, and refused to offer any deals. PN seemed to offer the best price, and the least complex transfer of service, so knowing that BT required 30 days notice, I asked PN for my activation to be 30 days in advance, saved me paying for a service twice, and everything was transferred and worked on the day I requested. I did have a minor issue on the day, but thanks to this forum I was up and running using my existing router.
So whilst I sympathise with those that have issues, its not as easy as it should be, it does help if you have some knowledge of the process and do the research.
dnpark38
Rising Star

So Mustum because BT is inefficient then Plusnet should give everyone 30 days?
rosethornec

Quote from: Andrue
surely this isnt right?

Oh i can assure you we werent feeling "hard done to" frustrated by trying to get to get the correct information? yes., due to our home phone being swapped on the original date and the fact that both phone and broadband are needed for my husband.who is in ill health and house bound
dick:green Quote fixed.