cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how long to get question answered ... i want to leave plusnet

dalijomi54

how long to get question answered ... i want to leave plusnet

I have only recently joined Plusnet on the promise of not only excellent broadband bu also excellent customer service.  At present i do not appear to have received either.  Our internet is continually losing connection on various devices making it not fit for purpose or, in my opinion, as advertised.  I have contacted technical support and changed the wifi channels without success.  I have emailed for help again on 19th August and are awaiting a reply.  Ideally i just want reliable internet.  If this is not possible then i wish to return to my old provider (which we thought was poor, but not as poor as Plusnet).  Any reply or assistance would be appreciated.

6 REPLIES 6
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 255

Re: how long to get question answered ... i want to leave plusnet

Welcome to the forums, @dalijomi54 . Before  I (or any other community member) offers advice, can I ask if you are on an ADSL or Fibre connection, as that will determine the advice we can realistically offer?

John
dalijomi54

Hi John. It is fibre connection
jab1
Legend

In that case, you should really have posted on the My Router board, @dalijomi54 , but as your question is a bit short on detail, can I ask how many devices we are talking about here, and when and where do they lose connection?

John
dalijomi54

Hi John,

Every device we connect drops connection.  2 ipads, 1 iphone, PC, xbox.

They disconnect from everywhere in the house, even when sitting only 5-6feet from router.

I have even bought extra router to try to boost signal, without joy.

i even tried to run the BT toubleshooter.  the wifi speed appeared ok, but it would not run the advance trouble finder and said to contact Plusnet

All of this info and screen shots has been emailed to Plusnet.

I would love to get this fixed but feel that i want to leave now due to total lack of service from Plusnet (apart from yourself)

jab1
Legend

@dalijomi54 OK - this does sound extreme, but as Plusnets responsibility ends with getting the signal to the router - as does any ISPs - we need to look at your home environment.

Are you living in a 'normal' home, i.e. one built of bricks and mortar, and do you have foil type insulation?

What new router have you bought, and is that as a replacement for the PN one, or as a booster?

I appreciate it is a pain, but in order for me, or any of the experienced members on here to help, is it possible to upload the screenshots to this thread?

You say 'the wifi speed appears OK' - do you mean the speed to your router?

John
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Moderators Note
This topic has been moved from General Chat to Fibre Broadband.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine