cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how do i check my modem software is upto date

tonyt2764
Grafter

how do i check my modem software is upto date

as the title says how do i check if my fibre  modem has the latest software/firmware installed modem is an open reach one 
8 REPLIES 8
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: how do i check my modem software is upto date

I think it tells us when we do a line test if the firmware needs updating. Give me 5 minutes to run a test.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Chris
Legend

The test hasn't completed correctly, but the modem should have the latest firmware on. If you want to double check that it does, I beleive it updates on a reconnection, so you can perform a single power off/on and it should be fine.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
tonyt2764
Grafter

hi chris thanks for quick reply  by the fact that the line test did not complete properly does that indicate that i may have a problem somewhere
dick:quote
Chris
Legend

Not always, it might just be because we're still finalising the order. I wouldn't worry too much unless you start to have issues with the service.
tonyt2764
Grafter

the only problem  i have with my service at the moment are slow loading pages but looking at some of the other threads on the subject of slow loading pages im not the only one
steveuk
Grafter

I would like to ask if this modem update is realy needed because since having my line sorted out my connection has been very very very stable no d/c or drops but the internal test that was done says i need to update the modem.
As my line has been working like it should for over 473 hours i refuse to turn the modem off incase my profile messes up.
deathtrap
Grafter

Unless you have the Huawei (HG612) BT modem & flashed it with a hacked version of the firmware then your modem will at some point have it's firmware upgraded remotely by BT  if it hasn't already been upgraded  as the last firmware upgrade as far as I'm aware of was last year several months ago
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

I've run another test for you, but this also failed to complete. However, I don't think the firmware will make any difference in this case.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team