cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

house move

glenmarlow
Dabbler

house move

Hi,  Moving house soon (exchanged but no date),   our house was for sale when i migrated to plusnet and before I did so I asked about moving house.  I was informed that I could move once with no charge and it would not affect my contract.
As we have now exchanged I thought i best check up on the process and its very non detail
https://portal.plus.net/home-broadband/movinghome/?source=membercentre
so i checked faq
2. Will it cost anything to move?
It depends on your product and current contract status. If the information below doesn't help, give us a call and we'll confirm if any charges would apply to you.
Residential products
Moving broadband is free if you take a new contract (you may need to change your broadband product to do this), otherwise it'll cost £65.00.
Business products
You can move your broadband for free once per contracted period. Additional moves within the same contract period would cost £54.17 + VAT.
If your contract has expired, you can move for free by agreeing to start a new contract or pay for the move up-front.

it also says
You'll remain on your current broadband product.
Your existing contract will be replaced with a new one.

so does that mean I was misled on both accounts and i will infact be charged for a move and also my contract will be new Ie Full term?Huh
Glen
2 REPLIES 2
glenmarlow
Dabbler

Re: house move

hit quote instead of modify Huh
joclark
Grafter

Re: house move

Hi Glen,
When you move house we usually need a couple of week notice so when you know what your exchange date is just let us know. With regards to cost we would look at recontracting you which you remove the costs from the housemove. Usually 24 month contract with free housemove and Installation if required.
Hope that helps Smiley