Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

high packet loss on 141.hiper04.sheff.dial.plus.net.uk

RichardB
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 39

Re: high packet loss on 141.hiper04.sheff.dial.plus.net.uk

re>>I have been recommended to try a better AP, as my WiFi connection may not be solid enough to support the connections. I have ordered a Ubiquity UAP-AC-LR to see if this improves things.

I think that is very good advice.

If the Ubiquiti can be located in the middle of the property even better.

I have found that WiFi coverage is improved if the Access Point or router is located near the first floor ceiling or on the second floor, rather than located near the ground floor level.

Regards

Richard

MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

@Champnet wrote:

I seem to remember a bottleneck problem before on 141.hiper04.sheff.dial.plus.net.uk.

I vaguely recall a fairly long running performance saga with a number of switches  in the Sheffield area having a particular  Trunk card failing.  This was about three years or so back.Remediation was over an  extended period caused by a limited spares supply.  Replaced cards were returned for repair and then moved on down the chain..  IIRC things improved once the key failing switches were"Fixed".  I'll see if I can find anything in the SU space.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

Well, I didn't find the thread I referred to above but another equally relevant.

https://community.plus.net/t5/Fibre-Broadband/Packet-Loss-on-Plusnet-Servers/td-p/1627345/page/3 

The saga reads much as this current with much confusion from both sides, so please read through it carefully and don't jump to conclusions early !  Problems were found AND fixed, boy both Kelly and JonoH are available now.

HTH

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.