help with broadband speed

FIXED
BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Re: help with broadband speed

Fix

Hi @timbrooke1962, you're very welcome. I've just got confirmation it should be tonight or tomorrow night.

timbrooke1962
Grafter

Hi @BD  Thank you again, you've fixed it Smiley

Already getting another 10MB extra download

Very Happy !

timbrooke1962
Grafter

just thought folks may find an update useful; after a banding reset a few days ago, now achieving 66MB sync rates, SNR margin also down to 5db. (see pic)

btw, my external IP now gone back, from 87.x.x.x, to the range 146.x.x.x; it's been said this has nothing to do with speed rates, however co-incidental Smiley

thanks again to the staff for sorting this.

BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Hi @timbrooke1962, I'm very glad to hear the connection is looking better from here and the IP range shouldn't have any effect on your speeds no however if you do see any issues moving forwards it's worth keeping in mind as we could look to investigate that side of things to see if there's any routing issues. We're hear if you need anything moving forwards Smiley

timbrooke1962
Grafter

hi @BD  and staff,

can someone please check to see if i have now become banded (again)? 

my download sync rate over the past several weeks has stuck at 48999Kbps (see latest modem status pic). I have exactly the same setup since the last 'reset' you guys did - where I used to get, almost 70kbps. I've just done all the usual checks, cables, connections etc.

thanks in advance. 

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Thanks for getting in touch @timbrooke1962

I've tested your line and I can confirm that your speeds have been banded due to a high number of errors on your line.

Whilst we can request that the banding be removed ideally we need to get to the bottom of what's causing the line to error as the banding would be reapplied unless we fix the underlying issue.

I'd recommend raising a fault here and posting back so we can investigate further

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
timbrooke1962
Grafter

Hi @MatthewWheeler - thanks for the reply, just logged the fault as suggested, ticket ID 189464598.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Thanks.

We'll get that picked up shortly with more updates in the next 24 to 48 hours

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
timbrooke1962
Grafter

Hi @MatthewWheeler @BD 

So ticker raised / replies etc. Long story, very short, I still need a DLM reset, can you assist please?

Thanks Tim

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @timbrooke1962,

I'm sorry to hear that you're continuing to experience issues with your services. I can see that you've spoken with our faults team today regarding this issue and that an engineer appointment is going ahead to investigate further. Whilst we can't remotely change the DLM settings for your line on a Fibre circuit in the same way we can on ADSL circuit, the engineer that's scheduled to carry out work may change these settings accordingly based on the resolution they put in place. As this is the case, it's best to await the outcome of the visit before we investigate further in this regard.

Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
timbrooke1962
Grafter

Hi @TheMightyAJ @MatthewWheeler  

Thanks again guys. Engineer been today, DLM reset and now all OK.

Cheers