cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

help with badly mucked up order

hello101

help with badly mucked up order

Please can anyone help me?  Cry
I have placed a new order for plusnet phone line and fibre optic 3 weeks ago.
However my order has been badly messed up.
I have been fed a number of stories which as lies and really need to check where my order stands before I waste another 3 weeks waiting for thing to be installed...or in this case, not be installed.
Thank you in advance for reading this
12 REPLIES 12
Jazbur
Grafter

Re: help with badly mucked up order

I'm in exactly the same situation mate.  Signed up for unlimited fibre on 10 July with an install date last Friday the 24th.  I waited all day for the openreach engineer who didn't show, with no phone call or explanation.  I've spent the last few days talking to PN who don't seem to know what is going on, only that my order got stuck in the system, whatever that means.  I was told today that my first order has been cancelled and my new install date is now 10th August.  
I was expecting a phone call to explain what had happened, what I got was an email with a new install date.  I rang up PN again to get an explanation, this time to be told that this new date is in fact not booked yet as they were having problems cancelling my first order.  I am now waiting for an update tomorrow.
I get the impression that PN is made up of several departments that don't have a clue what each other are doing.  I am certainly not getting a good first impression!  Let's see what tomorrow brings.
Hope you get sorted out soon mate.
hello101

Hi Jazbur,
Bit of a joke isnt it. Basically I was told 1 person would come out and activate both the phone and fibre optic at the same time, one of the reasons I went with plusnet.
Imagine my surprise when I find out pplusnet mucked up my order (their words) and the person who placed my order only asked for the phone line.
So the manager calls me back and apologises, again stating they made a bad error and they will try and get things fixed asap.
Sorry for the long post.. this is what happens after 4 hours of fighting on the phone
I then get a call from someone saying Sorry you cant actually get fibre optic....eh?Huh
Me : "but your website allows me to place an order"
PN : It may have done then as fibre optic was available but now its not".....
Me: "that doesnt make sense, plus your website is still letting me order it"
PN : "what websitre are you on as ours wont"
Me "....plusnet.com"
it goes on and on until he starts talking to someone else and the conversation gets wierder
PN: Okay so it turns out you can get PN but you specifically cant as there arent enough ports..."
ME " what on earth are you on about"
PN : Someone may have ordered before you and got your slot so you have to wait until BT release another port then you may get fibre optic although we cant guarantee it"
ME : " OMG...what are you talking about, that makes no sense...you are accepting orders and what you are saying is I have to wait and find out how many people are in front of me before I "may" be offered a slot...that isnt right"
PN : Talking to colleague " that is correct. I am telling you that you cant get fibre at the moment. you will have to keep checking in"
ME: getting angry now (its now been 3 hours of trying to sort this out) "so you are telling me I need to keep contacting you to find out if I can get a slot"
PN: I never said that!!
ME : "umm yes you did...(repeat what he said..goes quiet)
PN: look basically you cant get it and there is nothing I can do about it until a port becomes available for you.
ME: I want to speak to a manager as this is total crap.
PN: they are all in a meeting...sorry.
I hang up and call back.
basically get told under no circumstances can you get fibre optic...
so why is your other guy telling me I need to wait for a port.
Interrupts me : I am telling you the correct answer.
goes on for about 10 mins before he looks at another system and then goes "oh...looks like you can getfibre optic....i will put you through to someone to organise this.
After a 15 min wait, just as someone answers, Chris(1st guy) calls back. Im sorry, I got it wrong, you can get fibre optic. I will call you tomorrow to process it...
What on earth???? I have just had to fight with 2 people who must have assumed as I am female they can feed me a HUGE pack of lies and i will accept them!!
If I hadnt stood my ground I would be with someone else.
Actually, if they dont fix this tomorrow, I will be going with someone else.
I will now be without broadband for at least 5-6 weeks thanks to them
This is also the very shortened version of what has happened. Embarrassed
WOW is all I can say. Not 1 person agrees with the other and they all talk nonsence!!!
Jazbur
Grafter

WOW, I thought my mess was bad enough, but that sounds a horrible experience.  No broadband for 6 weeks, I couldn't cope with that :-\.
Best of luck tomorrow, let's hope you finally get sorted.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

@hello101,
The availability of fibre is totally dependent upon cabinet (port) availability in your area.  This is governed by BTOR and in some areas is changing on a daily basis.  Consequentially BTOR's databases (there is more than one) which informs the public and Internet resellers of what is available can be incorrect and inconsistent.
It is possible to take an order one day, then try to place it on BT's systems the next day and find out that there are no ports available.  The order then has to wait for the cabinet to be upgraded.  Between now and then an existing subscriber could cease service and one port becomes available to the next new order.  BTOR have no sense of holding orders in a queue for first availability.
It is due to complete shambles such as this that ISPs appear to be incapable of providing a clear picture of what is happening.  Claiming you are being told "lies" is somewhat harsh, more often than not, it's the BT infirmation systems which are simply not providing the right information to be passed onto you.  That being the case, changing ISPs might not actually help you.
A warm welcome to the forums by the way.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

AndyH
Grafter

It looks to me like Plusnet messed up the order and failed to place a simulatenous FTTC and phone line provide. The delay in placing the fibre order looks to have led to the unfortunate circumastance that the fibre cabinet is full and awaiting new capacity - although you should be able to check this here https://www.dslchecker.bt.com/ if you put in your number.
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Investigating. Will update thread shortly.
Ahhh what a mess. I'm sorry for the experience you've had OP. Ignore everything that has been said to you so far, lets start from scratch. Take my information - along with anyone I quote - as correct.
Quote from: AndyH
It looks to me like Plusnet messed up the order and failed to place a simulatenous FTTC and phone line provide.

Firstly, this is correct. It seems that my colleague only placed an order for the phone line only, however communicated to you as if both orders had been placed.
This then leads to the fibre availability issue. What hasn't been pointed out, is that once a phone line is live, it can take about 24 hours for records to be updated to reflect that fibre is available on the line again.
The agents that you chatted with have all been within this window where it shows an unavailable. As it now shows as available again, I am placing an order for standalone fibre for you now. Don't worry, you won't be out of service for 6 weeks.
Quote from: hello101
What on earth???? I have just had to fight with 2 people who must have assumed as I am female they can feed me a HUGE pack of lies and i will accept them!!

I'll have to be blunt with this bit and say that this is a completely incorrect assumption.
Matty
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
hello101

Hia,
Thanks very much for all of your replies. i really appreciate it.
Matty, the thing about being female. Its one of those things you just assume as both guys were very sure of themselves. I know there is no factual basis for it but its what you begin to think when you are so frustrated.
Also thank you soooooo much for placing the order. I got a call from one of the managers saying someone has placed the order for you....I now know that was you so once again thanks loads.
I now have a date for the 11th Aug which means more sucking up to the bosses for some time off but heres hoping its all sorted.
Once again, thanks soooo much!!!
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

No problem Smiley
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
bugs4me
Grafter

I'll hijack this thread if I may. Order placed on the 18th Aug - date booked for the 3rd August with a confirmation e-mail that if not possible I would be notified within 7 days. Received both an e-mail and text message today some 12 days later stating my fibre will now be on the 6th, 7th or 10th August.
Phone call made to PN and got the expected it's been moved by OR. Oh great, so what happened to those 7 days - it's all down to OR or words to that effect. I should receive a confirmation e-mail firming up the date within 24 hours. Should isn't really much help guys as surely with PN being the customer you should be able to get a firm date from OR although I appreciate (and this is according to an OR Engineer), they, (being OR) are in a total mess and the left hand, etc, etc.
Latest e-mail from PN also stated they would be sending a new modem which I didn't order. So that's now been cancelled. Maybe PN are also in the same position as OR with the left hand, etc, etc.
Irrespective as to who is responsible, it simply doesn't do the PN reputation any good and the buck stops with them in my opinion. For the record, the cabinet is brand new and plastered with Superfast Fibre stickers.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Hi there,
I'm going to hold my hands up here and tell you the issue was simply due an error with the order and a delay on our side picking that up. Basically when we tried to place your fibre order for the first time a piece of information needed for this was missing from your account on our side, this dropped out an error ticket but wasn't picked up until you contacted us. I'm really sorry about this but I can see that my colleague has placed the order now and we need to get the confirmation of which appointment has been booked in for you, hopefully this will be later today.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
bugs4me
Grafter

Thank you for your honesty Chris. It's a shame that your colleague that I spoke to was insistent that it was the fault of Openreach.
These things happen, it's called dropping the ball but then blaming others is simply not an acceptable business practise. As you will see from an earlier post when I first migrated to PN at the end of June my dealings have not exactly been smooth to say the least.
We will see but again, thanks for the honesty and taking the time out to post.
bugs4me
Grafter

Well Chris (at Plusnet), no confirmation e-mail or text message received yesterday or today as to the date when fibre would be enabled. As you will be aware the new provisional dates are the 6th, 7th or 10th August.
I would have thought that as the original date had been messed up by Plusnet then at least the communication channels would be opened - apparently not. So any plans I may have for next week are at the 'mercy' of the Plusnet system. No doubt if I'm not around then there will be a charge applied for someone's time but it appears that's what I'm meant to do - simply hang around.
It may be preferable, due to the short period of time that I have been with Plusnet and the associated errors if the whole contract was just cancelled without penalty and I went with another ISP for the phone and broadband. Would that be possible?
Certainly I would be a happier camper and no doubt getting me out 'out your hair would be a relief' would it not.
Sorry to come on strong here but it's all been a frustrating 4 weeks with yourselves. From the failure to deliver the router on time, failure to activate the broadband on time so I had to go elsewhere to be online and receive important documents thereby incurring additional costs, failure to keep to the original fibre date of the 3rd August due to an internal error. Maybe a straightforward cancellation would be preferable.