cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

help my browser thinks im in netherlands and all searches are coming up in dutch.

Booboo12
Dabbler

help my browser thinks im in netherlands and all searches are coming up in dutch.

can someone from staff look at this urgently please. have tried restarting the router etc same problem

4 REPLIES 4
Booboo12
Dabbler

Re: help my browser thinks im in netherlands and all searches are coming up in dutch.

Im deaf and can't call tech support can someone pick this up please.

pint
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Re: help my browser thinks im in netherlands and all searches are coming up in dutch.

Gebruikt u een VPN-service?
het kan een browserprobleem zijn, heb je andere webbrowsers geprobeerd?

oops, google translate off....

Are you using a VPN service?
it could be a browser issue, have you tried other web browsers

Does the UK show up as your ip location here: https://iplocation.com/

Booboo12
Dabbler

They seem to have fixed it now ip says birmingham where yesterday it was somewhere in the netherlands

paulromero

Hi Im having the same issue. As of Friday/Saturday my browser on microsoft pages (on Iphone and on Laptop, Both Edge and Chome) have been loading me Dutch pages instead of the UK english ones. When i disconnect from the router and use 4g they go back to normal and connect to the UK pages. So its definitly an internet conenction issue... Im wondering why my UK broadband is being mistaken for the netherlands.

I noticed today that the same issue happens on my Xbox Series X. it keeps asking me to confirm my location in the settings and wont let me use the location based apps which is really irritating. It doenst accept the UK as my location.

When I check my IP address on one of the ip info sites it comes up with all the usual Plus net uk bits however when i scroll down it has something called "abuse: Object" and that seccion seems to say a place in the netherlands with an address and contact details... Im not sure what this is but it looks like its causing the confusion about my location with the microsoft Apps, webpages and devices. Happy to share screen shots of this with plus net I just used the page https://ipinfo.io and my IP and it came up. It concerns me a bit that It may be some sort of hack? 

This only started happening on friday or saturday so something has changed with my Plusnet thats causing this to happen. 

Im not using a VPN