cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

have you again put back my fibre optic installation date???

rosethornec

have you again put back my fibre optic installation date???

im really not happy with this, you swapped our home phone on 14th march then left us with no broadband due to needing an engineer to install our fibre optic on 21st THEN  you say we dont need an engineer it will be done remotely... although you still didnt move the date forward (since you left us with no broadband in the first place) AND NOW it states no later than 22nd march???? this is not acceptable unless you will pay the huge bill for using our mobile data! honestly this not good enough and were is the customer service??
4 REPLIES 4
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: have you again put back my fibre optic installation date???

Not needing an engineer is a little misleading. What is meant is that an engineer still needs to go to the cabinet to connect you to fibre but he doesn't need access to your home.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
rosethornec

the only misleading information is from plusnet! there are bt out reach working in my street who have been all week and the fact you move the appointment back yat again is a joke.. rubbish!!
Andrue
Pro
Fixes: 1

Well the ticket says 'no later than' so it could go live any time in the next couple of days.
As for paying your mobile bill I'm afraid that won't happen. It's your choice to use your mobile phone to access the internet, so you are responsible for the bill. If you are being charged for BB you should get a refund for the days when it wasn't available but I wouldn't expect anything more than that.
It sucks but there's no point getting wound up about it. PN have little control over the installation process and the fault probably lies with openreach.
runhare
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Hi rosethorneec
You wouldn't want to queue jump would you, but  Its not Plus Net who decide on installation/ connection  dates: they are allcoated according to demand in your area and available resources at BT Openreach - who supply them - and there can be delays. Just because Openreach are working in your street does not mean one of them can break off to sort out your connection!
However, if the migration of  your broadband and phone services from your previous supplier had been carried out correctly  then you would not be without a broadband service. I think Plus Net owe you an explanation. Have you asked them for one? Who was your last supplier and did you tell them what you were doing or did you leave that to Plus Net, as would have been advised?