cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

half a job on fibre instalation

tonyt2764
Grafter

half a job on fibre instalation

had fibre installed today (by bt openreach) migrated from standard broadband engineer came changed face plate on socket plugged router  into socket  in then left after about 10-15 minutes noticed that only had 3 lights on router  phoned support only to be told that he should have installed modem at the same time as the router and could not get another engineer out till new year  so i thought oh  bugger
he has gone what do i do now asked support guy what modem looked like as i have several modem/routers that i have picked up over the years and low and behold i happened to have one so installed it and now a happy bunny but not so happy with openreach surely there engineers must know what is required for a fibre instal  if not why not 
2 REPLIES 2
Terranova667
Pro
Fixes: 5

Re: half a job on fibre instalation

considering the main purpose of the engineer visit is to install and test the modem i can't for one moment fathom why one wasn't installed at all, them not turning up is one thing but this is something else it's a good thing you had a modem to hand but i would still get plusnet to get an an enginner to install what should have been done in the first place and he / she can at least test to make sure everything is as it should be.  
tonyt2764
Grafter

Re: half a job on fibre instalation

yes was not impressed once i found out he should have supplied the modem on installation how do i go about asking pn to arrange for the engineer to return and finish the job thanks in advance for anyone that can help