cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

had a few active sessions for longer than 10 days? what does this mean?

Fireboxchaser

had a few active sessions for longer than 10 days? what does this mean?

Ihave had my fibre connection drop from 66mbps to around 14mbps in the last 2 days. When I called Plusnet they said I had had a few active sessions for longer than 10 days and got me to pin reset my router, The speed has now gone back up. I dont understand what this active session thing is? Can someone explain so that I dont get a repeat?

1 REPLY 1
TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Re: had a few active sessions for longer than 10 days? what does this mean?

Hi @Fireboxchaser,

It appears that the issue you were experiencing is due to to multiple active connections existing on your line at the same time. To clarify, this isn't the same as having more than one device in the property connected to the router and the internet, but rather it was multiple and separate connections existing on the same line at once, each with their own IP Addresses.

Since the problem is now resolved there's nothing further we can do from our side of things to prevent this from happening again, although I would say that this is a very rare issue to crop up and can be fixed simply by performing another factory reset of the router as you have done in this instance. That being said, if you experience any further issues please don't hesitate to let us know and we'll be happy to investigate further.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team