cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

getting the runaroud from customer support not happy

tonyt2764
Grafter

getting the runaroud from customer support not happy

have been having speed issue for over a week now have done all the test possible with customer support that are possible have been told that i have more than enough speed coming into the house upwards of 70 meg but am only getting between 10-18 through ethernet connection which has to be connected via extension socket provide by bt cannot connect to test socket (plusnet aware of this) due to it not even being wired up external wiring wired straight to extension done by bt fibre instalations when i started on fibre 18 months ago i was not aware of this until 4 days ago when i went to use test socket as advised by pn every time i phone to enquire about the fault pn says someone will get back to me IT DOES NOT HAPPEN  so i phone them again and get the LET ME RUN SOME TESTS SPEECH  and they say you should be getting good speeds as everything ok here LISTEN  i know i have good speeds coming into the house so maybe it is something to do with internal wiring could someone please just send and engineer out to confirm if my internal wiring is good or bad because obviously something is wrong  

4 REPLIES 4
momist001
Hooked
Fixes: 1

Re: getting the runaroud from customer support not happy

Don't hold your breath for an engineer attending the house.  I've had 8 (that's eight!) engineers at my house, and the fibre still drops more than every hour.  They all say different things, and no one will fix it.

tonyt2764
Grafter

update for anyone that is interested had a friend who works for or come round he had a look at the face plate on the extension that i am running off of and he noticed that the wires looked like the were not quite pushed in properly to face plate connections so he redone them for me and hey presto speeds are where they should be 76 mb down and 18 mb up but this still does not solve why test socket is not active as he said it should have been wired up so that if pn need you to run tests you can but thats another matter just happier now even though i had to sort it out myself 

MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Sorry this wasn't picked up before it was resolved. Glad to hear it was though.

they say you should be getting good speeds as everything ok here LISTEN  i know i have good speeds coming into the house so maybe it is something to do with internal wiring could someone please just send and engineer out to confirm if my internal wiring is good or bad because obviously something is wrong  

Just a heads up that a charge applies if the fault is down to internal wiring.

ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
tonyt2764
Grafter

matty cassell wrote Just a heads up that a charge applies if the fault is down to internal wiring.

not so matty if you read the post properly internal wiring originally supplied and fitted by bt due to position of master socket being right next to front door