cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

general speed query

anniesboy
Rising Star

general speed query

I live in a small Oxfordshire village, I have fibre and get around 29down 8 up.
A friend who lives 200 metres from me would like fibre but estimate suggest only 4 down, some nearby neighbours of his also get estimates close to that.
Whilst others very close by  on the same cabinet are estimated at around 20.
His phone line has no noise. It seems a group of 5 or 6 people are estimated to get poor speeds.
I wonder what might cause this, are some phone lines connected to a local point before connection to the cabinet? As they are all on the same cabinet as i said.
My friend and some of the others would like fibre but its not worth pursuing at present .My friend is with Plusnet I wonder if it is worth raising a fault.

5 REPLIES 5
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: general speed query

Hi there,
Are the estimates based on the postcode, address or telephone number? Try either the full address or telephone number check : http://dslchecker.bt.com/
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
anniesboy
Rising Star

Estimate is via phone number using checker. When he signed up with Plusnet the agent agreed that fibre was not going to be worth it given the estimate.
anniesboy
Rising Star

Any suggestions as to how my friend should proceed ?
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Sorry for the lack of response to this.
I find this very odd. Are your estimates still the same as when you signed up with us?
Unfortunately, we don't really have an escalation path to specifically find out why this would be.
I will probably assume that the cabinet direction to your friend down the road.
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
anniesboy
Rising Star

It is really odd ,the problem seems to relate about six property's only .
I guess they will have live with what they have got,unless they can persuade BT/Openreach to check things out.
Thank you for the reply.