Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

gea test to see how things are going

iangilf
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: gea test to see how things are going

dropouts again arghhhhhhh this is doing my head in and the syn rates dropped again and the threwput is low and the pings are high for gods sake this is bad what a terrible service

JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

@iangilf,

Here's the GEA:

I can also see you've spoken to the faults team this afternoon and they're in the process of raising an escalation with our suppliers on this as it will be the third visit on this fault

ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

It looks like all that's happened is that the DLM has been reset, hence it's now on interleaving resulting in a lower speed.

iangilf
Rising Star

yeah its mad i dont get it there even talking about rebuilding a profile and it can leave me without internet for upto 2 weeks its bloody stupid all this all the messing about with the line has caused it to get worse than ever now

also i didnt speak to anyone this afternoon so dont know what thats about im still getting dropouts and they messed up my line even more what gives?

they definately didnt do a lift and shift as ejs says its exactly the same but with interleaving on the downstream

hence why im still getting dropouts and bad threw put, when is someone going to do something truthful about my line ?

fedup of the bull that the engineer says he hadnt done a lift and shift just a reset on the profile and added interleaved on the downstream which hasnt sorted nothing out apart from make it worse

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

It looks like a faults agent tried to call yesterday afternoon, but couldn't get through.

I've checked for an update and I can see our suppliers have completed remote diagnostics, advising that another engineer is the next course of action.

I'll update you via your account once I've raised an escalation with our suppliers first.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
iangilf
Rising Star

ok im still waiting for someone to contact me or whatever is going on ?

iangilf
Rising Star

Hi I replied on the portal and I didn't have any missed calls from anyone thankyou cheers for help
OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 65

Hi @iangilf,

Thanks for the update and apologies for our delayed response.

We've updated the fault ticket found here.

Please let us know via this thread when you respond and we'll get your appointment confirmed ASAP for you.

ejs
Aspiring Hero

Out of interest, exactly how many dropouts per day are being experienced here?

iangilf
Rising Star

Multiple times
Jubby
All Star
Fixes: 31

Hi @iangilf,

Your appointment for an engineer has been booked for 11/12/2018 between 8am-1pm. I have updated the escalation owner with the actions we expect them to carry out.

Feel free to get back in touch if we can be of further assistance or the appointment needs rearranging.

Thank you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lewis G
 Infrastructure Operations Professional
iangilf
Rising Star

cheers m8

iangilf
Rising Star

engineer came the service of excellence wouldnt let him do anything the engineer was arguing with them over the phone saying tell me to get a bt dish for wireless as this was the problem they were telling me i had to buy a dish for wifi as the high error rate was over wireless and gaming but the dropouts were nothing to do with anyone gaming the engineer said what are you talking about to the service of excellence the drop outs happen when noone is gaming and all times of the day  he even said to me there talking a load of rubbish and that they were making up excuses and preventing him from doing things

he asked for another lift and shift they told him no he asked for some other stuff they told him no they were blaming me lol and not there equipment the engineer said he phoned up his manager and they will esculate this further he also said they said we put him on interleaved but that crippled the gamimg and crippled the threwput in the evening so they turned it off as that was no good so he reported all this to his manager who is esculating it higher but wont hear anything till after christmas apparently .....

ejs
Aspiring Hero

I'd like to see some logs or graphs (with timings) of these drop outs.

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @iangilf,

I'm sorry to hear that you've had a poor experience with the previously arranged engineer appointment. I've reviewed the fault today and raised a response regarding this, which can be viewed here.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team