gea test to see how things are going

JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

Re: gea test to see how things are going

Hi @iangilf,

Here's the GEA you've requested:

Everything looks perfectly fine with that, but as you've said there's been a few drops again recently. I can see a fault's already been raised on the account also.

iangilf
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

yes a fault has been raised but noone has answered it

so can you answer it please so we can arrange an engineer visit please as i said im on nights this week so it would be good to get an engineer booked today for the tomorrow or the next day

thankyou

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hi @iangilf I can see this has since been booked.

Please get back to us if we can assist further in the meantime.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
iangilf
Rising Star

the engineer has stated hes only here to do tests a b and c a pair quality test on your pstn line , a vdsl close out test measuring for crc fec eas es errors if these tests pass thats the end of his job , he said i want a boost engineer and isnt going to carry out any speculative changes ive uploaded his phone text he has got for the job aswell

ive uploaded a screenshot of his phone on the ticket

thanks

iangilf
Rising Star

What a complete waste of my time and his time absolute rubbish so unhelpful and nothings been done apart from the tests it's rediculous all this lucky I'm on nights cause if I took a day off for that I would of been so mad I'm mad as it is cause nothing has been done to resolve the issue ....
RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Hi @iangilf

I'm sorry to hear that the engineer visit wasn't productive - I've asked one of my colleagues to investigate this further and contact you accordingly.

Best wishes

Dave

iangilf
Rising Star

hes the same engineer that turned up a few months ago and said exactly the same thing my wife said to me i dont want him back here he doesnt do anything the engineer who swapped the cable up the post to the property said last time it needed a port change but we are unable to do this as the fault was already closed so he said raise another fault and we would get this done for you so i have after a couple of months and this bone idol engineer turns up and does nothing at all apart from plug the machine he uses into the test socket lol

winds me up i should keep calm though as i know what some people are like and cant be bothered

thanks randall will wait for you

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi @iangilf

I can see that my colleague contacted you as arranged. Please update your fault ticket here as discussed if required and we'll go from there.

Best wishes

Dave

iangilf
Rising Star

hi randall is there any point theres a problem which bt openreach refuse to believe and basically they call me a liar when i tell them so whats the point ? i know its disconnecting and resyncing i will reply to the open ticket and hopefully you can send someone out who is prepared to actually carry out work other than talk [-Censored-] to me like i dont know what im talking about really frustrating to be honest

please book another engineer appointment either for tomorrow or friday thankyou but please do not allow that same engineer to come here and tell me the same again

thanks

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi @iangilf,

Thanks for your feedback.

Sorry to be a pain, but could you respond to the ticket with your specific availability, rather than here? We're unable to accept engineer requests etc via social media (for reasons which I hope you appreciate).

Just let us know when you've done so and we'll get this booked in.

Best wishes

Dave

iangilf
Rising Star

Hi Randall done as requested mate thanks please do not send same engineer and please send someone who listens to the customer n trys to do something thankyou very much
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Thanks for that, while I'm afraid we have no say on which engineer our suppliers assign this to, I have made sure this has been booked back in for one of your requested dates and have sent confirmation of the account via your account.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
iangilf
Rising Star

thanks harry fingers crossed then will let u know what happens next time cheers

iangilf
Rising Star

well engineer been and left me with a worse line than before its still disconnecting the sync rates are lower and seem to be locked at 71 meg and my ping rates have increased what a joke this all is

he said it will take 10 days to stabilise .... i said what rubbish as there is no training period for it he said i know so why do they talk to you like idiots and like we dont know nothing

he said get plusnet to perform a reset of dlm why couldnt he do that when he was here ?

getting on my [-Censored-] now all this

he also said make sure plusnet have you set on the correct profile

can u give me a new gea test please

thanks

current stats

6. Data Rate: 20000 / 71972
7. Maximum Data Rate: 30164 / 85838
8. Noise Margin: 12.2 / 6.4
9. Line Attenuation: 18.9 / 13.8
10. Signal Attenuation: 0.0 / 0.0
11. Data sent/received: 627.2 MB / 2.5 GB
iangilf
Rising Star

now my connection is running like [-Censored-] look at the results of the dsl speedtest and diagnostics

ive uploaded screen shot and yes its done threw internet explorer and hard wired

my stats have changed aswell

this is madness

threwput is slow pings are high

and its the same on every speedtester i use

can someone respond to this please its got a lot worse than the previous problems ive had just crazy

5. VDSL uptime: 0 days, 02:54:56
6. Data Rate: 20000 / 72386
7. Maximum Data Rate: 30115 / 86336
8. Noise Margin: 12.3 / 6.2
9. Line Attenuation: 19.1 / 13.9
10. Signal Attenuation: 0.0 / 0.0
11. Data sent/received: 294.3 MB / 7.0 GB