Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

frequent disconnects and drop in sync speed

Dahnak
Dabbler

frequent disconnects and drop in sync speed

Hi,

for the last couple of days we have had frequent disconnects and reduction of sync speed of our fibre connection. normally it is a nice stable connection, with sync speeds of 40/10 and capable of higher sync rates if we paid more, as below.Router.PNG

but during the course of the late afternoon evening the connection keeps dropping. and we see a big change to the SNR as below. This was taken at 09:11 this morning.

2018-11-16 - 09-11.jpg

when the morning arrives the router loses sync again and we are back to about normal as below (from 09:21 this morning):

2018-11-16 - 09-21.jpg

anybody got any ideas on what is going on?? any suggestions gratefully received.

Darren

6 REPLIES 6
Dahnak
Dabbler

Re: frequent disconnects and drop in sync speed

i have plugged in the plus net supplied router into the test socket, the broadband is not at all stable and has dropped multiple times.  I have started the fault process and it's on ticket number 184640516 if anyone from support is around

Tnx

Darren

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi Darren.

Sorry that you're experiencing connection issues.

Our tests are showing a potential high resistance problem, so I've reported this through to our suppliers now for further investigation.

We'd expect to receive an update over the next 1-3 working days and our faults guys will update you when we know more, but feel free to post back here if you'd need anything chasing up.

Apologies for any inconvenience this may cause.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Dahnak
Dabbler

@Gandalf

Thanks for providing an update, most appreciated Smiley I will look out for an update.

Darren

Dahnak
Dabbler

@Gandalf

Yesterday I had 2 BT engineer visits, the first stated it was an external fault between us and the cabinet and said someone would come out  and assess the work required. A couple of hours later the 2nd BT engineer turned and traced it to the last segment by us, but all the pairs had been used before and we needed a new cable run to the first junction along, but the conduit was either blocked or non existent and they would need to dig up our garden and maybe the pathway to run a new cable, a third visit would be required to decide on the work and they would be out in a few days to carry this out.

Today we had a 3rd visit from a BT engineer who managed to run a cable through the 'blocked' conduit and replace our cable. Smiley

Thanks

Darren

the crackling on the phone  has stopped, our router connection has been fine since syncing at just under 40Mb down which is great, but the actual internet connection is slow with speeds in the 10Mb mark.

is there anything Plusnet can do to give the speed a bit of a kick?Huh

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @Dahnak,

Thank you for getting back in touch. I'm glad to hear that our suppliers have carried out the work to resolve the external fault and I'm sorry for any inconvenience that this fault caused you.

I'm sorry that you're still experiencing poor speeds. I've checked your account and can see that your connection profile dropped to 10.8mbps due to the fault - as you have a static IP, this was still restricting the speed on your side despite the sync speed of your line increasing back to 40mbps.

I've adjusted the connection profile now and your speed should be back to normal as soon as you reboot your router. Please let us know if you continue to experience any problems with your connection or if there's anything else that you'd like to discuss.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
Dahnak
Dabbler

Hi @EmilyD

thanks for looking into that, the speed is back to normal now

Darren