Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

finally got fibre installed after house move, but wrong profile

Gus
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

finally got fibre installed after house move, but wrong profile

Just had fibre enabled after a house move and having adsl for a short time with 2 issues, still on adsl profile for download and I should be on the 55/10 profile as I agreed to when I started the house move re ticket #149033268 I said and quote I want what I have just now at the new address but I am willing to take 24 month contract as I wont be moving again  which the agent agreed to.

Download speedachieved during the test was - 12.59 Mbps
 For your connection, the acceptable range of speedsis 20 Mbps-38.71 Mbps .
 Additional Information:
 IP Profile for your line is - 38.71 Mbps

2. Upstream Test: -provides background information.

Upload Speed
  1.83 Mbps

0 Mbps 2 Mbps
Max Achievable Speed

Upload speed achieved during the test was - 1.83Mbps
 Additional Information:
 Upstream Rate IP profile on your line is - 2 Mbps
FTTP 500 regrade from Tues 28th November
8 REPLIES 8
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

Re: finally got fibre installed after house move, but wrong profile

It could be that that's all your line is capable of, however I would have expected the upload speed to be a bit better.

What does the DSL Checker say you should be getting?

And what is the max attainable speed from the Help Desk page from your router?

RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

Looks like you have been put on 40/2 service in error, probably need one of the forum reps to sort it out, first line support won't understand about 55/10 product.Sad

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

@Gus wrote:

I should be on the 55/10 profile as I agreed to when I started the house move re ticket #149033268 I said and quote I want what I have just now at the new address but I am willing to take 24 month contract as I wont be moving again  which the agent agreed to.

Apologies for the delayed response, I saw the post this morning but haven't had much time to look in to this as much as I need to yet.

Leave this with me for now and I'll aim to get back to you with more information tomorrow.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

@HarryB wrote:

@Gus wrote:

I said and quote I want what I have just now at the new address but I am willing to take 24 month contract as I wont be moving again  which the agent agreed to.

I've had chance to look in to this in a bit more detail now, and although you did say this, the advisor went on to say he couldn't provide you with a fibre offer as only ADSL was showing at the address at the time.

He did advise that you'd be able to call back up when fibre shows as available to discuss moving back on to fibre.

To be quite honest, I'm not sure why anyone has placed a fibre order on your account, while you're on an ADSL package with nothing in place to move on to a fibre package on a new offer/back on to a fibre contract.

I'm going to discuss this with a colleague on our Customer Options Team and request they give you a call to get you on the correct package for the service you're after. I've also had a look through some of their documentation and I think we should be able to get you on the same price you were paying previously for 80/20, but my colleague should be able to confirm more when discussing this over the phone.

EDIT:

@Gus wrote:
I should be on the 55/10

Just to clarify, you were previously on 80/20, not 55/10.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero

@HarryB The Op's post shows speed test for a 40/2 fibre connection so I'm not sure what you mean by "I'm not sure why anyone has placed a fibre order on your account"  Looks like a fibre service to me so someone ordered it!

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

@RealAleMadrid wrote:

Looks like a fibre service to me so someone ordered it!

It is.

However my comments still stand. I have no idea why someone has placed a fibre order, but not actually discussed changing the broadband package from the ADSL package to the fibre package.

@HarryB wrote:
I'm not sure why anyone has placed a fibre order on your account, while you're on an ADSL package with nothing in place to move on to a fibre package on a new offer/back on to a fibre contract.

Having said this, following my previous response I believe my colleague has spoke to @Gus and got him on a fibre package.

As the package is now a fibre package, I've also made sure it's getting change to 80/20 as soon as possible (12/06/17) in line with the fibre package that is now in place on the account.

Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero

I understand now, the OP had a fibre service without a contract for that product.Smiley

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Correct, should all be sorted now  though (Providing the order completes on Monday as expected, to increase it to 80/20) Thumbs_Up

Harry Beesley
 Plusnet