cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fibre?

stewartborland

fibre?

And that's it improved from earlier when it was 0.19 download?Huh

It seems to happen every few months and I really can't be bothered doing all the things that make no difference as nothing has changed in the setup Sad

Just send an engineer to the exchange please, that's where it always gets fixed.

3 REPLIES 3
deank
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 14

Re: fibre?

I've ran some checks on your line today, and I have attached the results below;

Test Outcome Pass
Test Outcome Code GTC_FTTC_SERVICE_0000
Description GEA service test completed and no fault found .
Main Fault Location OK
Sync Status In Sync
Downstream Speed 72.8 Mbps
Upstream Speed 20.0 Mbps
Appointment Required N
Fault Report Advised N
NTE Power Status PowerOn
Voice Line Test Result Pass
Bridge Tap Not Detected
Repetitive Electrical Impulse Noise Not Detected
Estimated Line Length In Metres 348.6
Upstream Rate Assessment Very Good
Downstream Rate Assessment Reasonable
Interference Pattern Not Detected
Service Impact No Impact Observed
Home Wiring Problem Not Detected
Downstream Policing Discard Rate 0.0
Customer Traffic Level Upstream and Downstream Traffic Detected
Technology VDSL
Profile Name 0.128M-74M Downstream, Error Protection Off - 0.128M-20M Upstream, Error Protection Off
Time Stamp 2018-08-18T10:15:00

When you perform your tests, are you doing so using a wired or wireless connection? I would recommend trying a wired connection first of all, or you can try adjusting your wireless channels to help improve your wireless connection. To do so, please follow the steps below if you are still using the router that we sent you;

1) To connect to your Plusnet Hub Zero, you will need to open a browser and go to http://192.168.1.254

If you have any issues doing this via Wireless, we recommend trying to do it via Ethernet cable instead.

2) Once you are connected, you will see the option that says 'Wi-Fi Network' with the name of your network followed by the 'Settings' button.

3) Please select 'Settings' and you will be asked to log in with the 'Router Password'. This password is found on the bottom of the router and is case sensitive. This password can also be found on the plastic card that came with the router.

4) The Channel is the key option that we need to look for, If this is on Auto then we will want to change this to one of the 13 channels listed on the drop down menu. This stage is all down to trial and error to find the best channel for you.

MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

Is there any significance that the GEA test is timestamped 2018-08-18T10:15:00 which may have been prior to the problem being reported on?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

@MauriceC As far as I'm aware the timestamp is when DLM applied the current profile but this may be incorrect

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team