Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fibre unlimited - only 50% speed

basvw
Hooked

fibre unlimited - only 50% speed

Hello Plusnet

I signed up for Fibre Unlimited, however my line only gives me around 35-40Mbit download and 10Mbit upload speed. I have been waiting for a few weeks now to see if this gets adjusted automatically but unfortunately that's not the case.

Various different speed tests show the the speed at less than 40 Mbit. In the router menu the downstream is noted as 40.23 Mbps.

BT speedtest attached. Upstream showing as 3 Mbps of 20 Mbps possible..

Can someone from Plusnet please look into my line, as I am paying for a faster line?

Thanks

12 REPLIES 12
basvw
Hooked

Re: fibre unlimited - only 50% speed

Anyone from Plusnet please?

dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

That speed is correct for your product - it's Unlimited Fibre Extra that is up to 80mbps Smiley
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
basvw
Hooked

Re: fibre unlimited Extra - only 50% speed

Hi dvorak. Sorry, but this speed is definitely not correct for my product. My title was is not correct, product is fiber unlimited extra.
As you can see from the speedtest I don't even reach 40mbps down, and not more than 5mbps up (when I'm lucky). I should be reaching a lot more, the estimated minimum was 49mb and max 64mb, which is far from what I'm reaching. If this can't be helped I might as well "downgrade" to normal fibre unlimited with a max of 38mb..and pay less.
dvorak

what did the email from PN give you for your speed estimate?
Customer / Moderator
basvw
Hooked

49mb to 64.4mb
dvorak

as you're outside the estimates you could raise a fault.

it might be worth just double checking your estimate here first though https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/adsl.htm?s_cid=ws_furls_adslchecker
Customer / Moderator
basvw
Hooked

Thanks how do I raise a fault?

The btwholesale site says I'm on market B exchange, then I assume I look at vdsl B, which says max 54.8 and min 32.4.

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Hello @basvw I'm sorry to hear you're having speed issues.

There appears to be two accounts linked to your forum details, please can you private message me with the username you're referring to?

Thanks.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
basvw
Hooked

@Anoush send you a pm
Anoush
Aspiring Hero

Thank you for your PM @basvw

I've tested your broadband, your router is in sync at a low speed,

xDSL Status Summary

Circuit Sync Status

: In Sync

Downstream Line Rate

: 41.2

Upstream Line Rate

: 10.7

The line test is failing when running the broadband test,

GEA Details

Bridge Tap

: Not Detected

Radio Frequency Ingress

Repetitive Electrical Impulse Noise

Copper Line Test Result

: Voice fault suspected - contact Voice CP to progress copper issue

NTE Power Status

: PowerOn

Crosstalk

I've however tested your line and I'm not identifying a fault.

I'd advise to try connecting your router into your test socket (if you haven't already, and if you have one). As explained here: https://community.plus.net/t5/Library/Testing-From-The-Master-Socket/ba-p/1322242

If your speed isn't on target still, then you can raise a fault to us at http://faults.plus.net

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
basvw
Hooked

thanks for the help. connected to the other socket I have here, which appears to be the master, because it shows 58mb downstream in this.  Although it's in an impossible location to use... so need to figure out how to move the master..

Anoush
Aspiring Hero

That's a pretty nice jump in speed. Is this your test socket or just through the faceplate of the master?

We'll be able to arrange for your master socket to be moved by Openreach, though the callout fee is pricey at £160.

You could also possibly look for a qualified electrician or ex-BT engineer elsewhere.