Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fibre static ip

FIXED
Kevin
Rising Star

Re: fibre static ip

Yes, I think I just proved this as per this thread, post 20.

https://community.plus.net/t5/Fibre-Broadband/Where-has-the-plusnet-linespeed-page-gone/m-p/1610108#...

Kevin.
iangilf
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Hi well the static ip address seemed to of been running fine but just over the last couple of days I had the issue of throuput again so I removed the static ip yesterday and all is fine now ...which is a shame as static ip is useful and costly so wasted another fiver on it for it to become unusable to its potential
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

@iangilf Why would static ip address will affect throughput speed? Mine seem fine, no affect in throughput speed current at 74Mbps down from IP Profile rate 77Mbps

iangilf
Rising Star

Cause it does mate for some reason ..plusnet adjust something who knows ...it goes across there network it's changed that's all I know and I'm syncing at 79999 I was getting 74 meg throughput up until 2 days ago when I starTed getting 68 meg throughput yet again so I removed the static ip and the speeds shot up to 75 meg through put ...if u read some of the earlier posts it shows u why it happens I think it's cause it's the way they set it up or if things change they can increase or decrease profiles either way wothout it proves something happens
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

Dear Plusnet

Does static ip address will reduce throughput speed affect but the dynamic ip address are no affect in speed overall? For some reason I remain stay at static ip address because of fixed static ip address for all my home security CCTV system.

goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

@iangilf 

Here is my speed test showing 74Mbps no affect on static ip address on mine.

1554369571192818655.png

iangilf
Rising Star

Yep as I said it was running fine up until 2 days ago but changed so I removed it to see what would happen and throughput went up
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

Very strange as it shouldn't have happen. But problem is if u added static ip address it will charged you £5 again. Sad

iangilf
Rising Star

Waiting for a plusnet tech to pick this up I shouldnt be charged again if it's reinstated with a static ip address as there was an issue with it
MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Hi @iangilf 

Forgive me but I've got a little lost and confused reading through this thread again. 

Do you want us to re add a Static IP to your account? As you took this off for testing purposes I will be able to credit any charge associated with this. 

Kind Regards,

MoR

iangilf
Rising Star

Hi yes please can u readd this for me please as long as there is no charge for this and as long as you put me on the highest profile for this aswell please
Thankyou very much
OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 65

Fix

Hi @iangilf, thanks for getting back to us.

That's all done for you now, please let us know if you need any further assistance at all.

iangilf
Rising Star

thanks very much ive restarted the modem so now i should be on a static ip address right ?

cheers for the help im definately not going to be charged another fiver am i ?

iangilf
Rising Star

i see i am on the static ip address now thanks kindly much appreciated and speeds have returned to normal

https://www.speedtest.net/result/8163753416

OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 65

Hi @iangilf, thanks for coming back to me.

On checking the connection logs, I'm now showing the Static IP as being active.

I can also confirm that I've credited the Static IP charge to the account and so you'll see the charge and credit on your next bill.