Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fibre static ip

FIXED
iangilf
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

fibre static ip

has the issues and throughput been sorted out with static ips now ?
30 REPLIES 30
Optimatts
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 19

Re: fibre static ip

Hi @iangilf,

If you are referring to the delta report updating the connection profile automatically. This is not something we would classify as an issue and is more a case of giving the delta report ample time to correct itself.

iangilf
Rising Star

ive had nothing but trouble with static ip throughput being stuck at 68 meg even though i was syncing at 76+ meg im now currently syncing at 80 meg and getting a throughput of 75 meg so if i was to consider a static ip address again will i get 68 meg dead or would i get 75 meg throughput? as dont want to have the same issues as before where im told it must be congestion or the network or something to do my end when it quite clearly isnt so im just curious

Optimatts
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 19

Hi @iangilf,

If you added a static IP now there's no reason why you shouldn't get the same result.

iangilf
Rising Star

and if it doesnt ?

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @iangilf,

If you were to experience the same issues after re-adding the static IP, we would investigate this further for you. If we were unable to resolve this we could remove the static IP and refund you the one-off charge for it.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

Some of us who have been here a bit longer than others may be well aware that an apparently correctly set Plusnet profile, when being applied, will always reduce your speed by a small but noticeable amount compared to exactly the same connection without the Plusnet profile being applied.

For reference:

https://community.plus.net/t5/Plusnet-Feedback/Affect-on-speeds-of-the-Plusnet-profile/td-p/991521

http://forums.thinkbroadband.com/plusnet/4428998-pn-ip-profile-and-bt-ip-profile.html

So I'd expect a static IP will always slightly reduce the throughput due to the effect of the Plusnet profile. It's all ancient history and no longer an issue for most customers, who are not on static IPs, and so the Plusnet profile is not applied to their connection.

iangilf
Rising Star

ok so heres my speedtest without static ip address

https://www.speedtest.net/result/8105725397

and ill post with static ip address when i apply it

to see what we get

iangilf
Rising Star

ahhh much better with static ip adress now

https://www.speedtest.net/result/8105739439

so there must of been something wrong previous anyways its working for now with decent throughput

thanks

iangilf
Rising Star

current stats

Upstream Downstream
Current Rate (kbps) 20000 79987
Max Rate (kbps) 32044 84406
SNR Margin (dB) 12.8 7.1
Line Attenuation (dB) 18.4 9.3
Errors (pkts) 1 1
Jubby
All Star
Fixes: 31

Hi @iangilf,

It's likely that the profile had been lowered by delta reports previously. Glad to see that you are receiving the correct throughput for the sync rate with a static IP. Feel free to get back in touch if anything changes.

Thank you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lewis G
 Infrastructure Operations Professional
iangilf
Rising Star

thankyou jubby will do Smiley

goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

@Jubby @EmilyD @Optimatts Why are BT get higher throughput speed at 75/18 without static ip address but PN get lower throughput speed at 73/18 with static ip address? Lose by 2Mbps.

JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

@goldenfibre,

Where are you getting your information that that is a thing? It's not something we're aware of. 

ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

Yes it's quite evident that you are unaware of the issue. Did you read either of the threads I gave links to earlier? Did you even look at @iangilf speedtest results, where 75Mb/s has somehow gone down to 73Mb/s?

A few years ago, this issue applied to every Plusnet line. The reduction in speed is large enough to be measurable but small enough for no-one to really care too much about.