cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fibre install an cabelling

john_tandy
Hooked

fibre install an cabelling

hello everyone just a bit of a question for you  does plusnet fit a new master socket an can they fit new twisted pair phone cable to an if so how do we get this ?

thanks for reading 

5 REPLIES
RealAleMadrid
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 9

Re: fibre install an cabelling

They don't fit any new socket, you use what you've got with a plug in microfilter if necessary. All FTTC provision is now do it yourself.Smiley

john_tandy
Hooked

so how come some people get a engineer visit I thought they still do as I don't have a vdsl master socket 

RealAleMadrid
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 9

Engineer visits are long gone, I'm afraid, probably 2 or more years ago unless a new line is being installed.

john_tandy
Hooked

what a ••• I have to now get new sockets an cable as its all old cable an i guess i wont gef my advertised speeds i thought vdsl master sockets was a pre requirements to install

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 235

Hello there and welcome aboard.

It's as RealAleMadrid has advised. It's been a couple of years since we've arranged engineer visits for fibre installations.

so how come some people get a engineer visit I thought they still do as I don't have a vdsl master socket 

If an engineer visits the property as part of a new line installation, they'd generally renew the master socket but that's not guaranteed and doesn't look to be the case for you I'm afraid as it's not a new line installation order.

what a ••• I have to now get new sockets an cable as its all old cable an i guess i wont gef my advertised speeds i thought vdsl master sockets was a pre requirements to install

You *shouldn't* have any problems using a microfilter.

If you have a test socket we'd recommend using that as that is the best place for your broadband signal.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Anoush Mortazavi
 Plusnet Help Team