cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fibre install an cabelling

john_tandy
Grafter

fibre install an cabelling

hello everyone just a bit of a question for you  does plusnet fit a new master socket an can they fit new twisted pair phone cable to an if so how do we get this ?

thanks for reading 

5 REPLIES 5
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

Re: fibre install an cabelling

They don't fit any new socket, you use what you've got with a plug in microfilter if necessary. All FTTC provision is now do it yourself.Smiley

john_tandy
Grafter

so how come some people get a engineer visit I thought they still do as I don't have a vdsl master socket 

RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

Engineer visits are long gone, I'm afraid, probably 2 or more years ago unless a new line is being installed.

john_tandy
Grafter

what a ••• I have to now get new sockets an cable as its all old cable an i guess i wont gef my advertised speeds i thought vdsl master sockets was a pre requirements to install

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hello there and welcome aboard.

It's as RealAleMadrid has advised. It's been a couple of years since we've arranged engineer visits for fibre installations.

so how come some people get a engineer visit I thought they still do as I don't have a vdsl master socket 

If an engineer visits the property as part of a new line installation, they'd generally renew the master socket but that's not guaranteed and doesn't look to be the case for you I'm afraid as it's not a new line installation order.

what a ••• I have to now get new sockets an cable as its all old cable an i guess i wont gef my advertised speeds i thought vdsl master sockets was a pre requirements to install

You *shouldn't* have any problems using a microfilter.

If you have a test socket we'd recommend using that as that is the best place for your broadband signal.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet