Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fibre down

Taaketa
Grafter

Re: fibre down

Quote from: AdamD
Still down, please help.

What is your router? Is your modem seperate or built into the router? What have you done so far to restore your service?
Answer these first. You really should be online now.
AdamD
Grafter

They are seperate, modem is a BT one.
Done everything on this thread, router still comes back with a red light and can't connect.
Taaketa
Grafter

How many lights are you on your modem?

What is your router? Make/Model? Can you log into your router's management page?
AdamD
Grafter

All lights are on, just the last one is red instead of green.
Router is technicolor TG582n, modem is BT open reach white one.
I can log in fine.
Taaketa
Grafter

What is the last light that is red? What's the text beside it? When you log into the router. Can you navigate to it's WAN/Inter connectivity page? Usually will have your plusnet username form your internet on it. What does it say regarding your connection on that page?
(God knows why iphone thinks your is spelt *gour)
Darkness

I'm getting pretty sick of Plusnet at the moment. This was the third outage in just a couple of months. It's completely unacceptable. I've had broadband for the last 11 years with either BT or Sky and never witnessed such shoddy service.
When my line rental saver expires next April, I will be looking at moving providers.
AdamD
Grafter

Hi,
The last red light says internet on it.
My router adnin page says retrying next to internet connection. I've disconnected ect but just hangs on retrying.
I'm fed up with messing now, its been off since yesterday.
AdamD
Grafter

When I hit connect it says connection could not be established, authentication failed??? Wtf
Taaketa
Grafter

So to clarify the red light is on your router? Are there 3 green lights on your modem?
First thing first Modem should have 3 green lights. They should be:
Power
DSL
LAN1
Regarding router. Click disconnect. Remove the username and password rrom the settings and save. (Make sure you know your pnet username and password before doing this).
Cold boot the router only (turn off power not software reboot). Come back to me in 30 min. Do not turn it on before coming back to me.
Do not turn off modem.
AdamD
Grafter

OK,
Modem has 3 green lights as suggested yes.
I've hit disconnect, how do I remove username/password?
Taaketa
Grafter

Plusnets modem may not allow it . But check the broadband connection page.
AdamD
Grafter

I've just deleted username and password, there is no save button. I've removed power from router but modem is still on. This was done at exactly 8:30.
Taaketa
Grafter

Good. Go have breakfast. I recommend a fry being sunday morning.
AdamD
Grafter

Right I'm back,
So what am I doing in 5 minutes?
Thanks for the support BTW, even if this don't work.
Taaketa
Grafter

So there are two lines of thought in my head right now.
Since you are using a plusnet router. They can auto configure (if I remember the sales pitch I was given right). Meaning since you removed the username and password that forces the router to fetch. So simple matter is to power it on.
Second thing you could do instead is manually enter your username and password into the router but with the network cable to the modem removed. Again a different way of approaching authentication with plusnet's service. Restart the router and put the network cable back in leading from the router to your modem.

I recommend doing the first option and see if that solves your issue.